Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes with Equifax

tag
Peace27
Valued Member

Disputes with Equifax

Hello myFICO team,

I disputed some inquires with Equifax and tomorrow makes 30 days and I have not heard any updates as of yet. What is the alloted time for them to get back to you with an update, 30 or 45 days? I initiated the dispute on line and there were times when I did it on line I get an update in a couple of days. This is the longest it's ever taken.

If I don't hear something by tomorrow, should I give them a call? Also, if they don't respond in the alloted time are they suppose to grant my request?

Thank you in advance for responding!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disputes with Equifax

@Peace27 wrote:

Hello myFICO team,

I disputed some inquires with Equifax and tomorrow makes 30 days and I have not heard any updates as of yet. What is the alloted time for them to get back to you with an update, 30 or 45 days? I initiated the dispute on line and there were times when I did it on line I get an update in a couple of days. This is the longest it's ever taken.

If I don't hear something by tomorrow, should I give them a call? Also, if they don't respond in the alloted time are they suppose to grant my request?

Thank you in advance for responding!

30 days is the default time period for them to complete their investigation, not respond, and there are also some circumstances where they will legally have 45 days to complete.    IIRC they have an additional 5 business days after the 30 day window to respond, which means that if the 30 day rule (and not 45 days) applies they would have until 9/11 (9/7 is a holiday). "deliver you the results" means they mailed you the response, NOT that you received it.

If you don't receive a response in a timely fashion you would next file a CFPB complaint.   There isn no requirement for them to grant your request in whole or in part if they do not meet the deadline.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have they responded yet? 

Message 3 of 6
Peace27
Valued Member

@Anonymous 

No, not yet. Status still says pending. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a friend who does credit repair and she said they are 60s because of COVID. You could give them a call instead of doing another dispute. 

Message 5 of 6
Peace27
Valued Member

Thank you @Anonymous I will certainly do that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.