cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Multiple Items w/ EQ but No Account Number Listed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Multiple Items w/ EQ but No Account Number Listed?

I pulled my credit report and saw several open accounts in collections I never knew about/said I was currently paying on (I'm not obviously) meaning they were fraudulently added. None of them have an account number, that line is blank. It says the name of the company but that’s it. So, I can’t send a letter listing each account number because they don’t have any.

The closest thing is they are separated by number in the 'others' section of the report. Example 4.1(creditors name), 4.2 (crteditors name), 4.3 (creditors name) etc. I want to print a copy of the report and highlight to show it to them. Would this be enough instead if I highlight where the issue is?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputing Multiple Items w/ EQ but No Account Number Listed?

I would send them debt validation letters and if the accounts are not yours, you should be able to to use that as a basis of a dispute. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing Multiple Items w/ EQ but No Account Number Listed?

I'm sending my dispute directly to the CRAs not the creditor. I got a very odd letter from them saying they pulled my credit, 'and if I think this is wrong, please give us all your personal information and we will look into it'. I'm not giving them any ammo to drum up more lies lol.

So it's even more fishy when I pull up my credit report and there are zero account numbers linked it the 'open collection accts' they claim I'm actively paying on. My question is can I send the CR to EQ the way it is, highlighting the multiple big red flags I saw. Also, should I send a letter for every individual one.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.