cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Charge Cards Help Raise FICO Scores More Than Credit Cards??

fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do Charge Cards Help Raise FICO Scores More Than Credit Cards??

Hi to All:

I currently have an AMEX Blue Card that I am very happy with.  I just received  a pre-approval for a Rewards Plus Gold Charge Card. I'm interested in this card for the membership awards which I can convert to airline miles.  Question is, what effect this charge card or any charge card will have on my scores compared with credit cards that you can revolve.  I know sometimes any new card can lower scores, but later improve with aging.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Brammy
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do Charge Cards Help Raise FICO Scores More Than Credit Cards??

fused111 wrote:
Hi to All:

I currently have an AMEX Blue Card that I am very happy with.  I just received  a pre-approval for a Rewards Plus Gold Charge Card. I'm interested in this card for the membership awards which I can convert to airline miles.  Question is, what effect this charge card or any charge card will have on my scores compared with credit cards that you can revolve.  I know sometimes any new card can lower scores, but later improve with aging.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I don't think it makes a real difference.  Some of my store cards which are actually credit cards show up on the bureaus as charge cards

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.