cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I update address with credit bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I update address with credit bureaus?

Hi all, kind of a dumb question. I recently moved and I was wondering do I need to contact the bureaus directly to change my address? I already contacted my creditors and financial institutions and put in the proper change of address with the usps. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update address with credit bureaus ~ Yes

Updating your address with each CRA is best.

Depending upon your ability to "access" them electronically, you might just be able to scan in a copy of your newly updated Driver's License with correct residential address to verify this fact.

With Experian, I had to Postal Mail copies of the documentation, with a letter requesting that they kindly update my new address.

Congratz on the completion of your move, and the further beginning of your Rebuilding Process.

Best Wishes  !!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I update address with credit bureaus?

Thanks Sebastian, I'll contact them after I get settled in. I was hoping that my creditors would update my address for me and that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of doing it myself. I appreciate the response.
Message 3 of 5
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Sebastian, I'll contact them after I get settled in. I was hoping that my creditors would update my address for me and that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of doing it myself. I appreciate the response.

They do generally end up updating your address "automatically" with the CRAs once you change the address with your creditors.  But it can take a month or two that way... and sometimes mistakes can be made.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iv thanks for the clarification. I'm going to be contacting all of the cras this week once I get my office put together.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.