Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do all creditors report DOLA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do all creditors report DOLA?

I realize that the actual credit report (as it appears in the bureau database) has many more fields than might appear in the consumer version.  (E.g. the version you might see if you pulled it via annualCreditReport.com)   But I am curious whether Date of Last Activity (DOLA) is reported by all creditors for all accounts, including those in good standing, even though I might not see that field when I pull my report?

In other words, suppose I have 8 open cards and 3 open loans, with no derogs on my report.  All 11 accounts have some activity every 4 -5 months.  Should I expect that the DOLA field exists in each bureau database, and that each creditor updates it the last time there is activity (unless the creditor send an update in the last 35 days of course -- I don't expect most creditors to send multiple updates in a month)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Do all creditors report DOLA?

Equifax has a date of last activity field. Trans Union and Experian have a date of last payment which is the rough equivalent of date of last activity.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The Big-4 credit reporting agencies (i.e., Experian, Equifax, Transunion, and Innovis) have a common credit reporting manual that was jointly developed along with its trade organization, the Computer Data Industry Association (CDIA), and is the bible for credit reporting codes and standards for those CRAs.

The offical reporting manual, titled the Credit Reporting Resource Guide, sets forth all details and reporting codes, called the Metro 2 format.  The Metro 2 reporting codes and the specific field codes do NOT include a separate reporting code/field called a Date of Last Activity.

DOLA can be a number of different basic actions, each with its specific Metro 2 field code.  The DOLA is derived from whatever comprised the specific last activity reported, and is not a separate reporting field or code per se.

Yes, creditors report what is later idenfied as a date of last activity, but that term is not a specific or defined item under the CRA credit reporting manual.  It is inferred, not reported.

Message 3 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

AMEX leaves that field blank. When I go for consecutive months with zero balances, then report a positive balance, I get an EQ alert saying that an inactive account has become active.

My other cards all utilize that field. I can report a positive balance after going months on end reporting zero balances and not generate the aforementioned alert.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.