cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do brokerage accounts have any bearing on credit?

tag
ChiTownRobby
Established Member

Do brokerage accounts have any bearing on credit?

I have had little success finding any relevantg information about this online, and forgive me if this is a dumb question as I am relatively new to credit maximization. Mine is through my bank's online banking web interface, and I often move money from checking into this for the purposes of securities and mutal funds trading. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do brokerage accounts have any bearing on credit?

@ChiTownRobby wrote:

I have had little success finding any relevantg information about this online, and forgive me if this is a dumb question as I am relatively new to credit maximization. Mine is through my bank's online banking web interface, and I often move money from checking into this for the purposes of securities and mutal funds trading. 

Not for credit scoring, though occasionally you will get an inquiry for something like margin trading or even opening an account.  

Certainly does matter from an underwriting perspective as it is an asset.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over time I have had two Brokerage Accounts that were tied to my banking and credit. Neither one had any affect on my credit.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have a deficiency in an account that results in a debt that becomes delinquent in payment under the terms of your account, that would be reportable to a CRA.

However, that would be rare, and reporting would also require that the broker maintain a credit reporting agreement with the CRAs.

I doubt that is a regular business practice of brokers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.