cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the banks & the CRA's operate 7 days a week?

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Do the banks & the CRA's operate 7 days a week?

Let's say that a card of mine closes on the 11th, but the 11th is a Sunday or a holiday. Does my updated info get pushed to the CRA's on the 11th? If that's the case, do the CRA's update their files on holidays? Or does everybody keep banker's hours? Thx

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do the banks & the CRA's operate 7 days a week?

@W261w261 wrote:

Let's say that a card of mine closes on the 11th, but the 11th is a Sunday or a holiday. Does my updated info get pushed to the CRA's on the 11th? If that's the case, do the CRA's update their files on holidays? Or does everybody keep banker's hours? Thx

Its all run by automation 24/7/365 but it does take the CRAs time to get it into everyones file.

Message 2 of 6
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Thx

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will add I have seen my CBs updated on Sunday.
Message 4 of 6
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I would like to add, all 3 of my cra's report on major holidays, thanksgiving etc

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 6
Phana24
Regular Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

Yes, they do, BUT.... some will vary the reporting date.  Disc, Amex, BOA, Citibank, etc., have always reported on the same day regardless of weekend/holiday.  However, my Citizen's Bank card and Sync card will vary, but there's no consistency.  Sometimes, they'll move it a day up, and sometimes it is delayed by a day.  If you have a "floater" and want to play the AZEO game, it's a good idea to use a card that has a date that can vary.  Here's a s/s of my reporting dates by Sync on their PayPal card for a portion of last year:

Screenshot (114).png

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.