Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ALWAYS have to CMRRR?

tag
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

Do you ALWAYS have to CMRRR?

Obviously you should always CMRRR when writing collection agencies or OC's but what about the CRA's? (I know you should CMRRR when requesting MOV)

Should you CMRRR when writing to the CRA's to dispute things? I ask because that gets kind of expensive when you're really aggressively working on your credit reports.

I guess if you don't they can more easily ignore your requests leaving them open to ignore the 30 day required response. But wouldn't they be pretty good about responding by now? I mean you don't CMRRR when disputing online right?

Thanks,
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you ALWAYS have to CMRRR?

Yes
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I read somewhere on here a cheaper way of CMRRR that involves an electronic receipt rather than the little green piece of pasteboard. Seems like it was about 2 months ago. It would be sort of a challenge searching here for that post, but you might be able to find out from the post office, and maybe someone here will remember the exact post.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what your are looking for is  CM   no RRR....you can look it up online to see when it was delievered but do not get a GC back.

I always send mine CMRRR because I want to be able to see WHO signed for it!! and keep it.
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I think what your are looking for is CM no RRR....you can look it up online to see when it was delievered but do not get a GC back.
I always send mine CMRRR because I want to be able to see WHO signed for it!! and keep it.

Whatever this other version was, you could see who signed for it --sort of like a UPS tracking. I'll see if I can find it...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is what it is!.......I just feel better having the GC in my hand.
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

sounds like maybe not so good an idea after all:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=46991

on this one, it's towards the end:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=59577
Message 7 of 10
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

FWIW, my GF sent a letter CMRRR to a collection agency twice recently.  Once in September, once in November.  Both were accepted (as can be shown on usps.com), but she didn't get the green card back for either of them.  So that portion was just a waste of money.

Also, it seems like CM takes longer to get there than regular mail.  She sent a letter on Friday within 100 miles of here, and it still hasn't arrived.  Usually, that should be next day.  (granted, holidays might play a role).  And when she sent from SF to Colorado in November, it took over a week.
Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I usually send the letters by Certified Mail and I do get electronic receipt once the letter is delivered there. That is much cheaper and easier to keep track than the green cards.
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

SanFranMatt wrote:
FWIW, my GF sent a letter CMRRR to a collection agency twice recently. Once in September, once in November. Both were accepted (as can be shown on usps.com), but she didn't get the green card back for either of them. So that portion was just a waste of money.
Also, it seems like CM takes longer to get there than regular mail. She sent a letter on Friday within 100 miles of here, and it still hasn't arrived. Usually, that should be next day. (granted, holidays might play a role). And when she sent from SF to Colorado in November, it took over a week.

I would go have a cozy chat with the Postmaster of the USPS branch that you're using. That's ridiculous --terrible customer service! Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.