Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document waiting, but nothing there?

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Document waiting, but nothing there?

Received an email from Capital One around midnight that I had a document waiting on my account. I looked and there was nothing new there. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Document waiting, but nothing there?

You didn't click the link in the email did you?  It could have been a phishing attempt.

Message 2 of 10
gorgon
Established Contributor

No, but the email is legit.

Message 3 of 10
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Could be a bug/system issue. I've had this happen with Chase and I only ever open communications via their app directly.

I would give them a call to make sure there is nothing they need from you or anything they need to tell you.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a bug in the system. I got one too yesterday. Have had these emails from them before.
Message 5 of 10
gorgon
Established Contributor

Got another one today that said there was a document waiting for my Quicksilver account. Thought it was the dreaded CLD notification but nothing there.

Message 6 of 10
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Received an email from Capital One around midnight that I had a document waiting on my account. I looked and there was nothing new there. Anyone else?

I had the same thing today.

Message 7 of 10
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Not a very descriptive email, but the document it is referring to is actually your most recent statement that updates terms - namely late fees moving up to $40. You will get another email discussing the same. 

Message 8 of 10
gorgon
Established Contributor

@SouthernCredit wrote:

Not a very descriptive email, but the document it is referring to is actually your most recent statement that updates terms - namely late fees moving up to $40. You will get another email discussing the same. 

I did get my "statement is ready" email about two hours after that, so maybe you're on to something. Seems like a redundant email.

I will say the first time this happened it was days before my statement. 

EDIT:  Just looked at my statement. It is a normal three pages with no additional info about changes.

Message 9 of 10
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

@SouthernCredit wrote:

I did get my "statement is ready" email about two hours after that, so maybe you're on to something. Seems like a redundant email.

I will say the first time this happened it was days before my statement. 

EDIT:  Just looked at my statement. It is a normal three pages with no additional info about changes.

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find the doggone document

searching.gif

when I received my email stating the same thing for my QS a couple of days ago.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.