cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

tag
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

While running the risk of sounding more ignorant than I am, the BCP card is, in fact, as credit card, correct? Smiley Happy

 

I ask, as I was just approved for the card ~ 65 days ago and was just approved for a CLI, yet the account isn't showing up on any of my credit reports.  Perhaps it will soon, but thought I would ask the pros.

 

Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

PS: I have used the card extensively establishing a relationship with them, so that's not the issue; already 'earned' all SUBs; and I left a 1-2% balance the first month when the statement closed...hoping they just lag 60-90 days before first reporting. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

It typically takes 2 months for amex to report. They have been reporting sooner in some cases, but 2 months is typical.

    
Message 3 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?


@Fletcher2 wrote:

While running the risk of sounding more ignorant than I am, the BCP card is, in fact, as credit card, correct? Smiley Happy

 

I ask, as I was just approved for the card ~ 65 days ago and was just approved for a CLI, yet the account isn't showing up on any of my credit reports.  Perhaps it will soon, but thought I would ask the pros.

 

Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus? 


Yes it is a credit card and will report.

 

According to what I have read in this forum, Amex is usually slow to issue its first report to the bureaus on a new card.


Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 710 EX 708

Message 4 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It typically takes 2 months for amex to report. They have been reporting sooner in some cases, but 2 months is typical.


This has been my experience with Amex as well - 2 months seems to be the sweet spot with them.  

Message 5 of 8
Fletcher2
Regular Contributor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

Thanks, everyone!  Great info...really appreciate it.

 

Coincidently, I JUST received an email from Experian moments ago...and it just hit my report, a few hours after posting!

 

You are all correct...seems to have been reported just after the second statement close + a couple of days for Experian to its *thing*.

 

Thanks again! Good to go.

Message 6 of 8
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?


@Fletcher2 wrote:

Thanks, everyone!  Great info...really appreciate it.

 

Coincidently, I JUST received an email from Experian moments ago...and it just hit my report, a few hours after posting!

 

You are all correct...seems to have been reported just after the second statement close + a couple of days for Experian to its *thing*.

 

Thanks again! Good to go.


Ha ha! I'm glad it's resolved. Smiley Happy

 

I was just going to say, yes, it will report, but give it a cycle or two. But now you already don't need to know that! Just FWIW, mine reported immediately--but it was an upgrade from Blue Cash Everyday to Blue Cash Preferred, so the account number and everything else was the same, and already reporting.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 7 of 8
Mycreditjourney2020
New Contributor

Re: Does AmEx Report Blue Cash Preferred to Credit Bureaus?

I opened a BCP (my first Amex) on 7/17/21.  It just reported today.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.