cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Elastic report general info to bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Elastic report general info to bureaus?

Hello. I have an Elastic account that I have not used. Their terms say they "may" report but I have not seen anything. While I would assume they woudl report something bad (i.e. default) - do they report anything else. For example, similar to a credit card or other loan? Yes, I know I shouldn't use them and don't really plan to. I am just looking to rebuild where I can. I have a limit of $2500 and was thinking of taking out $100 just to show credit availability. But, if they don't really report anything it isn't worht it.

3 REPLIES 3
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Does Elastic report general info to bureaus?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. I have an Elastic account that I have not used. Their terms say they "may" report but I have not seen anything. While I would assume they woudl report something bad (i.e. default) - do they report anything else. For example, similar to a credit card or other loan? Yes, I know I shouldn't use them and don't really plan to. I am just looking to rebuild where I can. I have a limit of $2500 and was thinking of taking out $100 just to show credit availability. But, if they don't really report anything it isn't worht it.

My spouse has an Elastic account that was opened recently with a 2500 limit.  He has actually had 1000 of that limit direct deposited into his checking account.  His first payment isn't due until September so I don't know how or whether it will report to the bureaus.  It's a costly form of credit which I, myself, wouldn't utilize but my advice on the matter was not heeded.  So, we shall see how this plays out.  He's not really into credit monitoring and could care less what appears on his reports or how much he pays for credit.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure this is the sort of lender you want reporting to the CRAs. It'll leave a residue.

Message 3 of 4
tcbofade
Super Contributor

No, they don't report positive information to the CRA's.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.