Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Synchrony report to TU?

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Does Synchrony report to TU?

I opened a charge account recently with Synchrony when I purchased a bed at Mattress Firm.  INQ hit EX (live in WA) and the new account reported to EX and EQ, not TU as of yet. 

Asking because I have an old account with Synchrony closed in 2007 for a TV purchase (they closed it quickly for no use within a year).  Still on EQ.  Didn't follow my credit back then and when I started in 2015, it only showed on EQ.  Not sure if it showed up on any other bureau's and fell off before 2015.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Synchrony report to TU?

Yes they report to all 3. Give it 60 days and if no show give em a call and let em know
Message 2 of 7
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Shoot! Bye bye 850.  Hopefully it has a buffer like EQ and only suffer a 1 pt.

Thanks gdale6.

Message 3 of 7
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yes they do... TU is the slow one for me to get updated also. I live in FL, but not sure if that makes a difference. 😊
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 4 of 7
Trudy
Valued Contributor

TU is EXTREMELY slow reporting/updating everything for me.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is the slowest to update from creditors but the quickest to complete disputes in my experience. 

I suppose that’s not a bad trade off. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is delayed for me this month. They are usually behind EX & EQ but this month they are very behind.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.