cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wells Fargo Back Date History For Authorized Users?

tag
Stevielynx
Valued Member

My average age of accounts is holding me back. I am going to be added to a 30 year old Wells Fargo account as an AU. Wells Fargo reports to all 3 CB. But do they back date or just report the date added as an AU?

I've Googled and got two different answers.

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Stevielynx
Valued Member

Re: Does Wells Fargo Back Date History For Authorized Users?

I know one of us has been added to Wells Fargo as an AU before LOL.

I was added today. If this post doesn't get any attention, I'll revisit it when the AU hits my CR and update with the answer.
Message 2 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was added 2 weeks ago but to my surprise they don't ask for SSN like capital one or bofa... How would they report if I'm at a different address 😳, and nothing has shown up for a $19000 AU yet
Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Stevielynx wrote:

That's not backdating.  Backdating is when a new account is opened and reports as opened at an earlier date.  Being added as an AU does not create a new account.  The account's history is just being reported for the AU (when applicable).  TL's where one is an AU are not always considered.  Backdated accounts are always considered as they belong to the person.  There is no backdating these days.  AmEx ended backdating in March 2015.

@Creditplz wrote:
I was added 2 weeks ago but to my surprise they don't ask for SSN like capital one or bofa... How would they report if I'm at a different address 😳, and nothing has shown up for a $19000 AU yet

Don't rely on SSN as an indicator.  I have yet to see any definitive answr but creditors can certainly report for AU's without SSN.

Message 4 of 8
Stevielynx
Valued Member

Creditplz, do you have an update? I was added noto long after my initial post 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Message 5 of 8
Stevielynx
Valued Member

Card was activated last week. Still waiting for a blip on my reports.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They match up the name and address to your file, assuming you have a file open with them. Chase adds AU without SSN, and it reports just fine.

OP, from what I've seen if the AU has the same card number as the main account, then the history follows, probably because they can't separate the 2 accounts.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ever report to the credit bureau?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.