cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a CC count towards AU score as it does for original owner?

tag
MsMoneypeso
Valued Member

Does a CC count towards AU score as it does for original owner?

Does a CC on credit file count as much towards an AU's score as much as it does for the original owner? Or does it somehow count less because they're only an AU?

Does it depend on which agency? 

Does it depend on which score (F8, mortgage, auto, etc?)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Does a CC count towards AU score as it does for original owner?

Yes, an AU card that reports to the CRA does have a large impact on scores.

My wife is an AU on the Amex Platinum, Barclays Frontier, Citibank Costco and her scores reflect what I spend/pay....

There are a few banks that don't report to the AU but they are less common.

When the bank asks for a SSN in adding an AU, that means they report.

Message 2 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

To add to the above just be aware when it comes time to apply for credit cards and loans, banks sometimes don't count any AU accounts on your report and disregard them when making their determination. Examples would be Chase where they toss out AU cards and see how you as the primary are handling cards and any car loans where they don't count AUs for DTI purposes to name a few

Message 3 of 6
MsMoneypeso
Valued Member

Well, Chase doesn't collect SSN, at least for my Marriott bonvoy so there's no way for them to report.

Message 4 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MsMoneypeso wrote:

Well, Chase doesn't collect SSN, at least for my Marriott bonvoy so there's no way for them to report.

Incorrect. There is more than one way for banks to correlate information to identify a customer without a SSN for them to report to the credit bureaus correctly

Message 5 of 6
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

@MsMoneypeso wrote:

I was recently added as an AU on a Chase card as part of my rebuild and can attest that it has been reporting to the 3 credit bureaus despite not asking for my SSN.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.