cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when Care Credit updates their internal fico scores?

Morpho
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone know when Synchrony updates their internal fico scores?

I have a Synch Visa and the FICO updates on the first of every month.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Morpho wrote:

The FICO on the site and the FICO they use for CLIs can be entirely different. 

Message 12 of 15
Morpho
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Morpho wrote:

The FICO on the site and the FICO they use for CLIs can be entirely different. 

lol. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I noticed a similar thing with Comenity. Not that they provide a FICO, but whenever I request a CLI the FICO they send me in the mail will have a date they supposedly pulled it, but it will match a score from several months ago.

So what's the rule for Synch? Which FICO and when is it pulled when you request a CLI?

Message 13 of 15
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone know when Care Credit updates their internal fico scores?

Not sure how in stone this is, but my experience lately has been instant approval within 5 days of updated score on the cards website. After 5 days it's an instant denial, the denial letter always says something along the lines of -- your TU is inaccessible and we want to verify the information you've provided.

My TU is frozen, if I unfreeze it I either get instant approval or a letter saying I haven't paid down enough of my mortgage balance (FICO score dated same day as request).

As far as Care Credit goes, for me, they only approve every six months. But I try all Synchrony cards around the 1st of the month (skipping any card that recieved CLI during preceding 31 days -- trying to cut back on confetti).
Goodwill Saturation Technique

Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Score 10/2018: EQ:669, EX:686, TU:668
Score 11/17/2018: EQ:682, EX:681, TU:683
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
12/24/2018 -- EQ Beacon 5.0: 678, EX Fico II: 690, TU Fico Classic 04: 716

Goal Score: 740+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000

Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.

Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal:
August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 14 of 15
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I could build the Eiffel Tower with the amount of denial letters I've gotten from Synchrony, Commenity, CapOne, and Discover lol. I've narrowed it down to asking for CLI's once a week on Monday's. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.