Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does being AU update to you????

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

Does being AU update to you????

Hello, 

I am authorized user on two of my husband's cards. We paid them off now have 4300 available credit in one and the other 2500. We had them almost maxed out. My utilization is high at 87% but these two payments did update for me and dropped utilization to 54% on Vantagescore however on my FICO score it had no change at all. The cards show with a 0 balance but my utilization was not lowered as a result. I have been pulling my FICO thru myfico and no change to utilization. Is this how its supposed to be? If I am authorized user a paid off credit card does not make a difference? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: Does being AU update to you????

It should update your utilization, it may just take some time. What other cards do you have and what is the utilization on those?

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 4
greent
Frequent Contributor

I have 6 more credit cards and utilization is high, about 87% UT. But I did update on my credit karma, wallethub, credit sesame it dropped to 54 utilization but my FICO score that I pull thru discover score card, and my Citi card that has a FICO score and thru myFICO it still shows 87% utilization. I don't understand why. . . I'm puzzled. 

Message 3 of 4
greent
Frequent Contributor

I must say that thru myFICO the report does show both cards where I am an AU paid off. It has a 0 balance but no update to utilization. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.