cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does being added to someone else'd CC appear on my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does being added to someone else'd CC appear on my credit?

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after filing Ch 7 bankruptcy.  My Mom attempted to add me to one of her AMEX accts. (she has two)  They denied her to allow me saying I had a derogatory acct with them that was dis-missed in my Ch 7 bankruptcy.  However, she was able to add me to her Nordstrom VISA acct as an authorized user with no problem.  All they asked for was my name.  Nothing else.  Will this report on my credit or do I have to be a co-applicant?  Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does being added to someone else'd CC appear on my credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after filing Ch 7 bankruptcy.  My Mom attempted to add me to one of her AMEX accts. (she has two)  They denied her to allow me saying I had a derogatory acct with them that was dis-missed in my Ch 7 bankruptcy.  However, she was able to add me to her Nordstrom VISA acct as an authorized user with no problem.  All they asked for was my name.  Nothing else.  Will this report on my credit or do I have to be a co-applicant?  Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Highly likely that it will report you as an authorized user.  The vast majority of banks do however occasionally you will fI do one that won't.  I'm not sure of Nordstrom but my guess is that they will and that will help you reestablish credit

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All they asked for was my name.  Nothing else.  Will this report on my credit or do I have to be a co-applicant?

You can't rely on whether or not SSN is requested.  Chase doesn't request SSN and they do report for AU's.  Someone with direct experience with Nordstrom would need to chime in.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it would be a problem if I just called the Nordstrom VISA and asked directly?

Message 4 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think it would be a problem if I just called the Nordstrom VISA and asked directly?

Not a problem asking in my opinion, the only problem may be if front line customer service knows the answer.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.