cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does opting out of prescreened offers apply to CU or bank offers too?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does opting out of prescreened offers apply to CU or bank offers too?

Just curious after reading some offers people get on their 'my offers' tab if when you opt out of those prescreened offers if it also applies to those you would get on your account log in? Curious.......food for thought anyway.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does opting out of prescreened offers apply to CU or bank offers too?

I don't know. I'll wait with you for an answer.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere that if you opt out of prescreened offers that you get a tiny boost to your scores, cant remember where........but, I have been working VERY deligently to remove some baddies and I wouldnt want to miss any good offers from NFCU either.....so I was curious.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I read somewhere that if you opt out of prescreened offers that you get a tiny boost to your scores, cant remember where........but, I have been working VERY deligently to remove some baddies and I wouldnt want to miss any good offers from NFCU either.....so I was curious.

Nope. Opting out has nothing to do with FICO scoring. I opted out for myself and DW and nada.

YMMV based on the CCC I guess. If they soft you for promo offers, then they wouldn't be able to do that.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I would still get offers from NFCU, did I follow correctly?

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It would depend on them I guess. For example, I have BofA and BofA shows pre-approved offers from time to time. Once I opted out, those offers disappeared and never returned.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

It would depend on them I guess. For example, I have BofA and BofA shows pre-approved offers from time to time. Once I opted out, those offers disappeared and never returned.

I opted out a long time ago, but I get pre-approvals from USAA all the time. 

Message 7 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I opted out a long time ago it was one the best decisions I ever made. Credit offers to tempt me I have to go and find the product I want. Also in this day identity theft I do not want those offers in my mailbox. Having the possibility where some one might steal one and use it.  I have not a credit card offer other than those companies I do business with.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.