cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your credit score show the lower balance when someone checks your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your credit score show the lower balance when someone checks your score?

I had someone check my credit score. First it was 700 and then when I got a hard inquiry from them it said 680. Does the company that check it see the 700 or 680?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Does your credit score show the lower balance when someone checks your score?

I am sure one of our resident experts can cofirm, but in the example that you provoded, i believe the lendor would see the higher score, meaning not the one that takes that hard pull into consideration.

In the example that you gave (700 to 680), are you sure nothing else changed and that you are viewing the same CB and scoring model? Although each profile is different, 20 points sounds like a lot for an inquiry.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does your credit score show the lower balance when someone checks your score?

Yup they took of 20 points credit karma says. I seen before score and after for Equifax
Message 3 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

CK is ok only good for tracking your accounts. The scores are meaningless. Your FICO score may not have changed at all.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with the above post.

CK is great for weekly TU/EQ report updates, but meaningless for scores, as they aren't FICO and instead from the VS 3.0 model.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.