Just like the title says, avoid at all cost.
1. No online banking of any kind, even if you have other citi accounts.
2. No ability to make payments to principal over the phone. "sorry sir, the system doesn't allow for that".
3. Customer service is outsourced and doesn't even know how principal payments work. They gave conflicting answers, almost made me pay hundreds in interest.
4. You must physically mail in a check with the words "for principal only" in the memo line to make a principal payment, otherwise your payment will satisfy principal and interest.
5. Its difficult to call in and even get customer service, you must be transferred at least once to the outsourced department where you may wait a long time just to speak to someone. I was put on hold by a rep and they never came back, call dropped after an hour. The manager was as US citizen handling the center and was the only one knowledgeable.
The only easy part is getting the loan and the funds in the beginning.... Took me over an hour to pay off my loan in full today.... good riddance. Had to read off routing and checking numbers to make the payment despite having autopay setup. Its like im living in the 1980's.
That is Just Insane!!, Thanks for warning others.
Sorry you had to jump through hoops and that you received terrible CS. I experienced something similar a few years back with a Wells Fargo Dealer Services loan when trying to make additional payments to principal. Hopefully others will see this thread and steer clear of Citi personal loans.