Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate account in good standing?

tag
jru577
New Contributor

Duplicate account in good standing?

Here's a little puzzle. I have TWO CCs with Chase, and they closed both of them when I was severely late at the end of 2006 and I've been working hard to pay them down. The one account is accurate on every report.

The OTHER chase account is showing up twice i think on my EQ report. The duplicate though is still showing as open, with an updated status as of Jan 2005, with 2 late payments - one in May of 2004, and one in 2002. Is it possible that having this account listed as open is HELPING my utilization? Or should I just dispute as a duplicate and hope for a boost?

Thanks for any advice! i'm getting the hang of this credit thing!

Kind regards,

Judy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate account in good standing?

If the info being reported is not listing anything derogatory than it is likely helping your scores... History is also a significant contributing factor... Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Rob

EDIT: ANything OTHER than the 2 lates...Smiley Wink

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 07-05-2007 09:25 PM
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Duplicate account in good standing?

Are the lates showing on both accounts? While the extra avail credit is helping your util, the two lates wouldn't be worth it, IMO.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.