Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EO email for Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO email for Capital One

Hey all, first time writing! I sent an email yesterday to the EO for Cap One (I found it on another google search site) to inquire about maybe merging 2 of my current lines (Cap One Platinum and QS1, both with $500 limits) by opening another line. I didn't read enough on the forum here I guess, since I've not received a reply by email and I forgot to enclose a phone number. I had applied for the regular QS in the hopes of merging those other lines but was declined, so I was trying to see about a compromise with them. Should I send another email and include a phone number or will they reply to that email to request more info? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: EO email for Capital One

Hi OP and welcome
I guess I’m confused as to why you’re reaching out to the EO regarding a decline for a third CC. You did not provide any DPs but please understand that with $500 CLs, you barely got your foot in the door for approval on those two cards.

Did you call a CSR to discuss your plan or did you just get instantly declined and sent an email to EO? I think I read on here that Cap1 doesn’t recon.

Also, another thought is the email may have been filtered as spam and sent to junk mail.

If you want to provide your DPs so we have a better read on your situation, that would be helpful in order to provide feedback.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, I was just about to shut this off and head to dreamland! I'm not current with the lingo in this forum (ie the acronyms) so I'm not sure what you meant my DP's (or OP, come to think of it)! I've had the Plat for a little over 2yrs, and the QS1 for about 19 months or so and both of those have been frozen at those limits since the initial 5 month bump. I called to speak to someone, English was limited and they didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do and then they said their system was down (hmm) so after doing some reading on here, I decided to just go straight to the EO but I may have goofed on the address (some stranger must be scratching his head), or I did not provide the right caption/info.

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry about that. Sometimes we forget newbies don’t know the lingo.

OP - Original poster
DP - data points

Also, here is the link to acronyms. It really comes in handy:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458#M23

Your Cap1 cards are in what’s called “bucketed.” The credit limits (CLs) almost never increase. When you got your bump, you may have been in their step program.

The only way to get a higher CL is to apply for another card, which you did but was declined. I’m guessing your DPs (FICO scores and/or utilization (UT)) may be the culprit.

So, if we know your DPs, we may be able to offer more specific advice.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

To piggy back on the above comment, the Capital One EO would not be able to fulfill such a request, unfortunately.

If the system does not provide the option to combine the 2 accounts, then they pretty much stay that way. I believe that there's been some recent chatter/threads that have indicated Capital One no longer being able to provide such an option. But, the jury is still out on that.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
...  I believe that there's been some recent chatter/threads that have indicated Capital One no longer being able to provide such an option. But, the jury is still out on that.

I started the chatter and the thread. I will be very pleased if the "jury" shows me to be wrong. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for all the input so far, I've read numerous different threads on here before I added my own about others experiences with this type of thing and I remember somewhere in those delvings reading about someone who had gotten declined for a new Cap 1 card but had asked to do what I asked and was approved, which is why I tried but I guess I didn't go about it the right way! 

To answer your question regarding my credit, they're in the 655-665 for TU and EQ for Vantage, and Discover Fico is quoting 635 for Exp. I've been working on my credit for the past few years and have pulled it up from the low 500's to what it is now. I applied for the Citi DB card because I wanted to do the balnce transfer thing, but after the initial 7-10 pending (and I followed up with a call per the advice I read on here), they said blah blah blah- no. So I tried the the Slate card, they said no but I just recently obtained the Chase Unlimited Freedom which kind of confused me on why I got that one but not the Slate, and Amex also said no for a BT card which is why I took a shot with Cap 1.

I have:

Discover $800 Opened in Nov, coming up on 90 days so looking to see if they will auto increase

Chase Unlimited $1000  opened in Dec

Lane Bryant $300 was sent a pre-app link, opened in Nov

Target CC- initial $300 (opened in Aug) and was auto increased in late Nov to $500

Cap 1 Plat $500

Cap 1 QS1 $500

I've never been late on any payments, but I do carry a varying percentage of balances on them. 

Message 7 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Okay OP this helps. Thank you.

Opening 4 new accounts and adding 8 HPs in less than 6 months is a lot. This may be the reason for the Cap1 decline. If your UT exceeds 28.9%, that hurts your scores too.

IMHO, I suggest gardening until your newest card is 12 months old and getting your FICO scores. There is something holding them down.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alrighty, so this gives me food for fodder (and sometimes the other way around!) and I'll try not to be inpatient about these things, and I know there's no quick fix but I just want to get there already! I read a lot of threads and gardening was mentioned so when I looked it up (thanks for the acronym cheat sheet) I find that this means I'll have to force myself to be patient (eek). 

So my newest card would be the Chase UF (opened in Dec), because both the Cap 1's are way past the 1 yr mark so by your suggestion, I should wait in the garden (is this a limbo garden and do they serve drinks while we wait?) until this coming December?

In following the other threads about the Discover auto CLI, should I expect one soon and if not, should I hold off asking for it after the 92 days hits and wait until that card matures in November? 

Thanks to everyone who has been replying, BTW...you've all been very helpful! =)

Message 9 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi @ladycatmeow
It made me feel good to read your latest post. I know you’re going to be successful in building a great credit profile.

The garden forum is created on the 1st of every month by our wonderful @UncleB (mod) and it’s the place to go to tend to your CCs needs & repair damages—watch accounts age, sustaining from applying for new credit, etc. The garden is great because there are many, many members there doing the same thing and discussing how it’s going (there are some though who jump the fence too 😂🤣)

The garden can be found in the Personal Finance forum but I put February’s link here for you. And OP, it’s a great group of people.
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-February-2019/m-p/5487664#M57958

When you go to the garden forum, the rules for staying there are on pg1. And yes, bring a drink 🍺 😁.

If you have the luv button and the SP language for Disco or any other CC, definitely apply. SPs are great for CLIs without having to incur a HP. Disco can be a finicky beast so don’t despair if you’re declined. Use your card, PIF, and as long as the SP language is there, I say request CLI every 90 days although some request it every 30 days 😂

GL2U.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.