Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Drop off date

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

EQ Drop off date

I want to know a bit about EQ and Drop off date. I have a CO on EQ lists as DOFD as 7/15. This already dropped off from TU and EX asked me to call them on 2/1 and they will remove it. When can I expect that to drop off from EQ and with out requesting EE.

3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: EQ Drop off date

TU has been removing things early thru the holiday season. EX is pretty good if you get the right supervisor for EE. We have suggested to let EQ run its course. Dont dispute it. They mess so much up it isnt worth contacting them. In reality a CO is 7rs plus 180 days. But most only go by the 7rs. So EQ is flaky when it comes to falling off. Its a wait and see and by your rank you know what YMMV thing means.

Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

TU has been removing things early thru the holiday season. EX is pretty good if you get the right supervisor for EE. We have suggested to let EQ run its course. Dont dispute it. They mess so much up it isnt worth contacting them. In reality a CO is 7rs plus 180 days. But most only go by the 7rs. So EQ is flaky when it comes to falling off. Its a wait and see and by your rank you know what YMMV thing means.

Hi @FireMedic1 Thanks for the message. I guess the confusion is 7 years or 7 yrs+180 days. There are different posts on the forum.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Red1BlueThe 7-year clock begins 180 days from the time you FIRST missed a payment. Once a charge-off or collection account reaches seven years the credit bureaus must purge the account and it will no longer appear on future credit reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.