Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ has me by the YOU KNOW WHAT!

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

EQ has me by the YOU KNOW WHAT!

I havent had a late payment in  6 years and Equifax has done nothing but decrease my credit score. Since july EQ has taken 20 points from me.    And I not taking into account the 4 points they took after late mortgage payments aged off, a few weeks ago.   What am I doing wrong?

What wrong with these people?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: EQ has me by the YOU KNOW WHAT!

Where are you getting these numbers from?  Fair Isaac calculates your FICO score based on the information in your file.. EQ has no control over the score.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

williamd1972 wrote:

I havent had a late payment in  6 years and Equifax has done nothing but decrease my credit score. Since july EQ has taken 20 points from me.    And I not taking into account the 4 points they took after late mortgage payments aged off, a few weeks ago.   What am I doing wrong?

What wrong with these people?

Are you look at actual FICO scores?

Was the late mortgage payment your only late/negative?

What has changed on your report? Your revolving util?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did some of your derogs drop completely from your CR? (the entire tradeline gone?)

Sometimes if a derog tradeline drops off, the loss of aged account hurts you more than the derog item being there.

Also, you can be experiencing some "rebucketing" issues, which will work themselves out over the next 6 months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.