cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ score drop? on credit karma 'new accounts'

tag
carsmom

EQ score drop? on credit karma 'new accounts'

Strange - For the last two updates, my CK EQ score has dropped a bit for "new accounts" compared to last report. But, I have no new accounts and the issue is accts being reported with different opening dates by Equifax. The last time I logged in the same three accounts were noted as 'new' and 'removed/deleted' but its simply because of how EQ is reporting them. They are not new. Hence, credit karma is calculating a funky score. Tried disputing with EQ, now I may have made things worse.

Any one else noticing this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ score drop? on credit karma 'new accounts'

Always be very careful with disputes as you can make things worse.  What was specifically going on with those accounts?  What was reporting incorrectly?  

Did you contact the creditor first to verify that they were properly reporting the data?

As for your EQ score with CK do you have any creditors or intend to apply with any that actually use an EQ VantageScore 3.0 in their decisions anyway?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry about the score on CK anyway. 

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Agree with the above^^^

I have 5 new cards as of the third quarter of 2015 and I am getting a heavy penalty from CK score-wise. My CK score is 130 points lower than my FICO 8's - so truly, unless you are getting a loan from an entity that uses Vantage 3.0 scores, it is best to ignore CK scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.