Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX FILE MISSING - WTH?

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

EQUIFAX FILE MISSING - WTH?

This morning I tried updating my 3B report and nothing came back for EQ.  I called EQ and spoke to a rep, gave them everything but my blood type and they are saying they can't pull up any of my information.  What is going on?  Has anyone experienced this?

6 REPLIES 6
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX FILE MISSING - WTH?

Not through MyFICO. 

When I pull the free annual reports I always have to submit Equifax in writing -- I think they're just incompetent.  Good thing they're not responsible for anything important ...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to send in a letter for my husbands report. We can never access his report online except through 3b. I dont think we have ever had them tell us over the phone they couldn't find it though. That's messed up. Maybe try calling back again. Like PP said, they are incompetent....wish they could be shut down.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have recently paid off close to $9000 in credit card debt and my TU & EX scores sky rocketed to 697 and 690since June 30 to today (and climbing I pray Smiley Happy) but Equifax is still sitting at 590. I get regular updates on MyFico from all three including Equifax, the most recent being July 3 stating the balance on one of my accounts decreased by $326 but there wasnt a score increase. I started scrolling thru the alerts and noticed that this happened a lot but the last score change was over a month ago so I decided to call them. This is where I thought I was going to lose my mind! I reached several reps who acted like they didn't know why I was calling after I explained & repeated myself several times. I was put on hold 6 times (seriously). Every time the rep would come back she'd say sorry so much for that, thank you for calling but we dont have an account with your social security number. I asked for a supervisor. Put on hold again. The 'supervisor' says thank you im so sorry but we do not have an account for you. I argued my case and explained that not even a week ago I recieved an update from them thru myfico. He said myfico is not a credit bureau, we dont report to them! WTH??? He then said I need to establish credit by opening an account that will report to Equifax so that I can build with them. I called myfico and she verified that I have recently reported positive credit by Equiifax and she was ust as puzzled as I am. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what can I do. They are the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with!   

Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@redE2move   Sounds like you ended up with split file AKA EQ Special 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I even want to know what a split file is? How can I resolve this without ending up on the evening news lol
Message 6 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I even want to know what a split file is? How can I resolve this without ending up on the evening news lol

Sometimes when there is a mishap with SS number, misspelling of the name, address, and/or transposed digits reported to CRA, a second file will be created based on wrong info. It's kinda a thing with EQ though. Their system is beyond antiquated. 

Basically, your files (if that's the case) will need to be merged. Merging itself is not an issue, getting EQ supervisor on the phone will probably be a bigger challenge. 

So, start calling, see if you can get someone on the phone willing to help. Document who and when you talked to them.

If that yields no results, be prepared to contact them via snail mail to make request. You'll need to send supporting documentation such as DL, SS and utility bill with your address on it. 

If all that fails (and it hopefully wont) CFPB complaint is in order. I hope it gets resolved via single call, though 

This number worked for me but I dont know if that's still the case 800-319-4433

Good luck 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.