Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX…I unfriend you!

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

EQUIFAX…I unfriend you!

I'm done with them, I don't know how they get away with what they do, but they DO!  I have had great success with TU and EX with having things that should not be on my credit reports removed and they have always been great in working with me.  Oh, not the great and powerful EQUIFAX!!  NO, they just say NOPE (they take on avg. two days to review, while the other CA take around 30 days) and OH BY THE WAY, we will update with info that WILL HURT YOU MORE!  (you can see the current scores on my siggy) **bleep**!  Smiley Mad  Done fighting them, I will freeze them today and they will not be un-thawed for a V.E.R.R.Y. LONG TIME!  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQUIFAX…I unfriend you!

@robertkinder wrote:

I'm done with them, I don't know how they get away with what they do, but they DO!  I have had great success with TU and EX with having things that should not be on my credit reports removed and they have always been great in working with me.  Oh, not the great and powerful EQUIFAX!!  NO, they just say NOPE it is right and OH BY THE WAY, we will update with info that WILL HURT YOU MORE! (you can see the current scores on my siggy) **bleep**!  Smiley Mad  Done fighting them, I will freeze them today and they will not be un-thawed for a V.E.R.R.Y. LONG TIME!  

I don't like EQ all that much either. They've consistently been my FICO Albatross.

Message 2 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

I'm done with them, I don't know how they get away with what they do, but they DO!  I have had great success with TU and EX with having things that should not be on my credit reports removed and they have always been great in working with me.  Oh, not the great and powerful EQUIFAX!!  NO, they just say NOPE it is right and OH BY THE WAY, we will update with info that WILL HURT YOU MORE! (you can see the current scores on my siggy) **bleep**!  Smiley Mad  Done fighting them, I will freeze them today and they will not be un-thawed for a V.E.R.R.Y. LONG TIME!  

I don't like EQ all that much either. They've consistently been my FICO Albatross.

EQ is by far my highest score due to nobody ever pulling them and i have highest AAOA with them lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 32
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Right now, eq is highest average age of account, but the way they report, payment history, I still come out ahead on TU for some reason.
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Equifax is usuall peoples worse score that have had credit problems in the past...  They are funky.  I doubt you will get many people on here saying they love EQ!  They are the worse IMO as well. If they would go out of business I would have the best nights sleep ever.

Message 5 of 32
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Equifax is usuall peoples worse score that have had credit problems in the past...  They are funky.  I doubt you will get many people on here saying they love EQ!  They are the worse IMO as well. If they would go out of business I would have the best nights sleep ever.

Enough cfpb complaints, you might get your wish.

However, I did one BBB complaint on how I could never verify data to get a free credit report (even though I signed up for score watch, and purchased reports just fine).  They actually refunded me the money, were very polite in noticing someone was misreporting information, I've had no problems with their American CSRs.

But I can say that now that they are clean.  TU keeps my payment history, even from my dormant 2007 account, and the other two do not.  Which is why the data tends to lead to higher score, eq and ex each have their own methods for length of payment history.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 32
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

mine too, to the point of trying everything i can to catch them up to my other scores.

shouldn't have to kill myself like that when i have huge amounts of positive history on their report and "one" 5 year old income tax late. I have paid every other tax year prompt and full to the tune of mid 5 digits a year (as well as every auto/mortgage/CC payment... ever). but what are you to do when your 400k mortgage is worth 1/4 that and you have no more customers for the same reason.

same report and up to 40 points less than TU... thanks a lot Equifax

eqtu.png

sorry. needed the rant.

Message 7 of 32
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim

Wow, that is a discrepancy. Wonder how the particulars are listed for the account on each report. Mine were closer together.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 32
elim
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
@elim

Wow, that is a discrepancy. Wonder how the particulars are listed for the account on each report. Mine were closer together.

identical besides INQ's

TU 3

EQ 5

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have to agree; I despise Equifax. EQ has been my most phlegmatic score on my journey to credit wellness. It's not a huge difference (as you can see in my sig), but it seems like things that should be boosting my score do so at a much slower rate with EQ. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.