Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX SECURITY FREEZE

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

EQUIFAX SECURITY FREEZE

ok , so im pretty sure that im posting this in the wrong section so if i am, MODS please move to where it belongs. I just requested a full security freeze on my EQUIFAX credit report. i almost made it all the way through but at the last part after processing my payment it said "error, cannot process request at this time". so i decided to try again but this time when i went to do it, it did NOT have an option to freeze, but did have options for a temp. lift or perm. removal? does this mean my report IS ACTUALLY FROZEN or is there a prolblem? this is my first time doing a freeze so im hoping you guys that have done them before can advise me. how can i find out for sure that it is indeed forzen?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQUIFAX SECURITY FREEZE

@gettnthere wrote:

ok , so im pretty sure that im posting this in the wrong section so if i am, MODS please move to where it belongs. I just requested a full security freeze on my EQUIFAX credit report. i almost made it all the way through but at the last part after processing my payment it said "error, cannot process request at this time". so i decided to try again but this time when i went to do it, it did NOT have an option to freeze, but did have options for a temp. lift or perm. removal? does this mean my report IS ACTUALLY FROZEN or is there a prolblem? this is my first time doing a freeze so im hoping you guys that have done them before can advise me. how can i find out for sure that it is indeed forzen?

I would suggest for you to give Equifax a call to find out whether it went through or not. Sorry I'm not much help.

Message 2 of 3
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX SECURITY FREEZE

Yeah it means it it frozen, if you only see the lift options. Best bet is to call the Equifax Freeze Dept to verify. For whatever reason I can never unlock online, it always says I need to mail in state ID and SS so I just call to do it to avoid sending in documentation.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.