Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX the torture

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

EQUIFAX the torture

I know I should better,  this happens all the time and I think I am a glutton for punishment.

Step 1  I start a dispute, answer my security questions, initiate dispute . All good so far

Step 2 I try to check status of said dispute, can't log in get error

Step 3  Get email dispute is complete,  answer security questions, correctly mind you, locked out

Rinse and repeat, I swear it's their daily mission to tick me off.

I was disputing my old lates from chase mortgage,  they hit 7 years this nov/dec, though I would try to get them off early. I know they are old .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: EQUIFAX the torture

EQ wont grant EE if there is more than 30 days from when they are  "scheduled" to fall off 

If they are treating it like a dispute, ouch Smiley Frustrated

Hopefully, they drop off for you soon 

Message 2 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Hmmmmm. Just looked at CK and now the mortgage history has 99% payment history no red X's and worst payment status says current and 0/1/0  30/60/90

Previously had  83% payment  history 2 red X's and worst payment status 60-89 days 0/2/0

I have no idea lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 13
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I guess I've been lucky as my lates all fell off early with EQ (and TU).  I had 1 30D on EQ from 12/2012 last month and 8/2 it was gone resulting in a 37 pt gain.  Other than EX all of my lates fell off much sooner than the "known" 6m for TU and 1m for EQ.  Granted I've not requested EE from them.  Wonder if that has anything to do with it.  I thought EQ removed early due to the mess with the breach but that should apply to everyone.  Hopefully you get yours removed.  Good Luck! 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I loathe Equisux. I want to dispute something on my report but i can never do it online snd im scared theyll spit my file into atoms if i asked. Absolute worthless bureau imoSmiley Sad
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're pretty facking useless. Sent them my written request with my identification methodS to REMOVE my security freeze..

What do they do? Extend it until 2027. FACK.
Message 6 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I know I should better,  this happens all the time and I think I am a glutton for punishment.

Step 1  I start a dispute, answer my security questions, initiate dispute . All good so far

Step 2 I try to check status of said dispute, can't log in get error

Step 3  Get email dispute is complete,  answer security questions, correctly mind you, locked out

Rinse and repeat, I swear it's their daily mission to tick me off.

I was disputing my old lates from chase mortgage,  they hit 7 years this nov/dec, though I would try to get them off early. I know they are old .

My deepest sympathies. First they violate you with a data breach. Then they torture with antiquated systems and morons that pass for customer service.

I have an innocent comment to remove, but refuse to ask them. I know it’ll just get messed up.

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition my sentiment exactly. Anytime ive called, and i dont think we should berate csrs as they are only human lol, its like talking to a kid who was up all night partying and just got home and only wants to sleep. Anything they say is gibberish and anything i say is doctorate level stuffSmiley Wink. Heck i had a horrible experience trying to get a human to talk about an issue concerning fraud with Experian, so it does happen elsewhere. It seems most of these bureaus are all talk no show. So long as they csn have our info and profit, the consequences we suffer is of no importance to themSmiley Sad
Message 8 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@blindambitionmy sentiment exactly. Anytime ive called, and i dont think we should berate csrs as they are only human lol, its like talking to a kid who was up all night partying and just got home and only wants to sleep. Anything they say is gibberish and anything i say is doctorate level stuffSmiley Wink. Heck i had a horrible experience trying to get a human to talk about an issue concerning fraud with Experian, so it does happen elsewhere. It seems most of these bureaus are all talk no show. So long as they csn have our info and profit, the consequences we suffer is of no importance to themSmiley Sad

I would normally agree AJC. CSR are just trying to make a living, but they go out of their way to be obtuse.

You made me laugh. That analogy reminds me of my club days.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know a single person that was able to accomplish the simplest task when it comes to dealing with EQ.  I've had my fair share of undue stress.  Heck, as much time as I spent on the phone with them I feel I am owed an hourly wage for my time and stress. 

I always hate reading about the issues people have when it comes to dealing with EQ.  I think we all look at these type of posts and instantly cringe.  Kudos if they actually removed your lates!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.