Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX hates me and messed up my Car insurance

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: EX hates me and messed up my Car insurance

I have a local agent I have used before - I might try them and see! But Progressive have been very good when I needed them, and they were VERY good when I discussed my CR with them - told me all the questions they asked and what the answers were, and calculated if the new answers would make a difference. The only thing that will have a worthwhile impact is that next year there will be no new CC accounts when they repeat the process!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never had 1 issue with Geico. They keep lowering our rates.
To my knowledge have never checked credit.

Pay 900 every 6 months for our 3 vehicles with full coverage and high coverages.

Message 12 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tried Geico - much more expensive
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a GEICO person too. Never one problem with them. And never pulled my credit either.

Everyone I know who has had Progressive had one issue or another.
You'd be an exception to the rule with all those years.
Message 14 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have never had 1 issue with Geico. They keep lowering our rates.
To my knowledge have never checked credit.
Pay 900 every 6 months for our 3 vehicles with full coverage and high coverages.

I've been with G as long as they have been able to write in NJ and I have never even seen a soft pull on any report yet.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beginning to feel like we should film a GEICO commercial Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Beginning to feel like we should film a GEICO commercial Smiley Happy

With a product placement by Bank of America! (another thread)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 26
missgamecock
Contributor

I have Geico too. Pay 1200 a year for full coverage with rental, window, $500 for two 2005 Ford Explorers. Never a problem and they were exceptional when a 17 year old kid hit me and totaled my car. The only problem has been with the medical no fault. They were jerks about that. I had to hire a lawyer to force them to pay for knee surgery and rehab. However, I understand the medical portions of no fault are all like that.
Message 18 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Bumped up for HUTSU
Message 19 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thank you, because I dreaded having to search for that one.

There's a thread over on Credit Cards about store cards that veered off-course, as we so often do around here, and the subject of insurance companies softing credit reports, and then raising quotes or even denying credit, arose. (And really, this was related to store cards! you just have to read it through a few times.)

Anyway, this reminded me of MV's story, which you will note wandered off itself into a hymn to Geico. Has anyone out there gotten feedback from insurance companies about their insurance being affected by their credit histories? It just occurred to me that our homeowner's went up without explanation, and I wonder if that was related to the bogus medical collection on DH's reports, that should be coming off soon. Another member was turned down for INSURANCE for having too many inqs and too many new accounts.

Who knew ?!?!?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.