cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX scoring doesn't make sense and costing me!

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

EX scoring doesn't make sense and costing me!

App'd for another AMEX yesterday. Denied and they said the current real EX FICO score they have for me is 647. Some stuff hasn't updated yet so I may have them do a review on it. My other concern is I just joined a local CU and they told me with a FICO of 640 or higher they could approve me for a card and autoloan refi for a much better rate. They pulled my EX today and said it is 583!! So what's the deal?!? Absolutely nothing has changed on my reports. I pull them everyday with USAA CMS and nothing has changed except that I've had a collection removed, a delinquent AU account removed, several late entries removed, nothing negative! BTW, USAA FAKO score is 643. So what in the world is going on here?!?

If I go to Experian.com and order a report and score would that be something I could take to my CU as proof that something they have is wrong? I honestly do not understand what score they pulled or what's going on?!?
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX scoring doesn't make sense and costing me!

Could they be using an auto-enhanced FICO?

Message 2 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you go to EX and pull you will get a FAKO.   EX sucks!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Not sure, the lady just said they pulled EX like anybody else would.

She denied me for the card but used my EQ score for the refi which they pulled and showed 611 which is 22pts higher than what myFICO reports it as.

I went out of my way to have them pull EX because it's my best report and score. Completely updated whereas EQ hasn't updated everything yet. Plus, EVERYTHING else I looked at showed my EX score to be mid 600's.

It has all updates, the least amount of inq's, and ONLY changes the past month are collection removed, paid CO updated, delinquent AU account removed, and several late entries removed/updated.

Will going straight to EX and getting my report & score support my case with them?

I'm mainly concerned with the info and score over getting approved but giving them the correct info and score is what will get me approved.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I figured EX would give me a FAKO...so how can I get this figured out?

AMEX is telling me that the EX FICO score they have for me is 647...I asked several times and they insisted it is a real FICO.

So by going to EX.com and printing my report and score to give to the CU would just be a waste of time? Am I just SOL since they pulled what they pulled and I have no way to contest.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 5 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They won't take what you pull.   They pulledtheir own.   That's why people complain about EX.  You can't pull your own FICO score.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

It just pisses me off b/c it made me look like an idiot. I went in there knowing that EX is my best overall report and score and talked them into pulling it rather than EQ. They pulled my EX then seen the score so they decided to just pull my EQ anyway. Denied the card but approved the auto refi but for terms different than I was expecting.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Are there any differences between the report & score I get by calling EX rather than ordering it online?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

USAA CreditCheck Premium: 643EX

AMEX Credit Secure: 643EX

Experian Personal Credit report & score: 643EX

AMEX soft pull (FICO): 647EX

Communication Federal CU: 583EX

Which one seems to be more out of place and incorrect??

I haven't viewed the report ComFed pulled yet, but will tomorrow. All the others have the exact same information on them.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

Are there any differences between the report & score I get by calling EX rather than ordering it online?

Any EX score you order online won't be a FICO, but a FAKO. If you order via Experian.com, it'll be different than anything else you pulled as it'll probably be a Vantage. Ordering via Amex CS or USAA would be a PLUS FAKO.

Back to the car app, was it an auto-enhanced FICO? That can explain the difference.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.