Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE

tag
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE

I have been reading a lot of posts trying to educate myself on scores etc.  Multiple statements regarding Experian scores and the fact that they don't sell them or that we can not get access to them.   Did I just waist my time and money by signing up on the Experian, Experian Direct site?  I received a score and my report.  Is this not the real thing/site?

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORE

There are two score types out there: FICOs and non-FICOs (we call them FAKOs). Experian took action a few years back to block all consumers from access their own EX FICO score. You can only access it with the help of your lender or certain CUs. Experian.com has an array of services like Experian Direct. None of their services ever offered a FICO. They always sold their own FAKO score. If you buy the service, do so knowing that it isn't a FICO and that the advice offered on their site may even contradict FICO scoring. So, ignore their scores and advice. However, the report info is good and many of us use these services for the report data only.

Message 2 of 4
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I just cancelled my subscription to their monitoring.  It was worth the $1 to get my report.  Hopefully the fake score is wrong and its actually higher Smiley Happy

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

There are two score types out there: FICOs and non-FICOs (we call them FAKOs). Experian took action a few years back to block all consumers from access their own EX FICO score. You can only access it with the help of your lender or certain CUs. Experian.com has an array of services like Experian Direct. None of their services ever offered a FICO. They always sold their own FAKO score. If you buy the service, do so knowing that it isn't a FICO and that the advice offered on their site may even contradict FICO scoring. So, ignore their scores and advice. However, the report info is good and many of us use these services for the report data only.

+1 !

While they provide subscribers with their own PLUS score which is a FAKO, it's a good product for monitoring TRENDS in your report, and very good for getting alerts for HP's on your report.  You'll have to go elsewhere to see SP's on the report.  Services such as CreditSesame won't give you info on inquiries, so that alone is a valuable tool for subscribing to the Experian product. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.