Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion TU success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion TU success

Thank you so much for sharing. I have a similar situation (account due to fall off in Aug or Sept 2020) and did the online dispute on the TU website as described and had the same results, instant removal, and my Credit Karma and MyFico scores were updated the next day (today). What was wierd was Credit Karma jumped 90 points, but MyFico only jumped 6 points. Only other negative I have is a 30 day late from 2013 which wil fall off in a few months, but I might try the same trick for that. I also had success getting the old charge off account from EQ removed by sending them a letter requesting early exclusion. Now just EX remains and that old negative TL will be completely erased! Time for some much needed refis!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I didn't even know about early exclusion until I stumbled on this page. Now that I've had success I felt the need to sign up just so I can Thank the good people on here and tell y'all what happened. So I had a collections that was due to fall off 10/2020 and after reading here decided, what the heck let me try TU. Didn't call, just went online and did it as a dispute. Picked the "account too old" and under comments, just wrote "applying for early exclusion".  So imagine to my surprise, after hitting the submit button, I go back to the home page, and see the message that the dispute was done and account has been removed!!!! To say I was in shock is an understatement. Don't know if maybe because they are super busy, things are handled much quicker. But shout out to all of you and Transunion!!!!

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disputing with EX also. I tried even though I was 6 months away, they declined but then a couple of days later removed it. 

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try disputing with EX online or by calling? Tried calling 3 times today, 2 reps wouldn't do it, the third tried patching me thru to a supervisor but it just went to their voicemail.

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did online. Calling them will drive you nuts. 

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I tell everyone do NOT dispute or touch those lates, depending on servicer some can and will do "manual reviews / adjustments" and report your 60 day late in addition to 90 day, or other shenanigans, fed loan is notorious for it, and if they do that the date of first delinquency changes to current time, which tacks 7 more years on, treat very lightly with those

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Try disputing with EX also. I tried even though I was 6 months away, they declined but then a couple of days later removed it. 

This is a bad idea. If they don't remove it, and the account had stopped updating, the dispute can trigger and update and crash your score. Ask me how I know. Smiley Frustrated

TU is easy. EX and EQ aren't worth the headache. EX comes off two months early and EQ one month. 

Message 16 of 30
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TU is easy. EX and EQ aren't worth the headache. EX comes off two months early and EQ one month. 

Yep called in late September to request an EE for my last late (30 day) scheduled to fall off 12/2019 - removed very early in Jan for TU and Aug for EQ without requesting.  EX refused, transferred to spvsr, refused, called back, refused so I decided to just wait it out.  Then it just fell off mid October. Score: 803 ---> 827.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep called in late September to request an EE for my last late (30 day) scheduled to fall off 12/2019 - removed very early in Jan for TU and Aug for EQ without requesting.  EX refused, transferred to spvsr, refused, called back, refused so I decided to just wait it out.  Then it just fell off mid October. Score: 803 ---> 827.

Yeah I tried to get them to give me EE on my BK because my report said it was going to stay til August. Refused to give me EE and then it came off on the first of this month. 721->769. 😊 

Now I just gotta wait for EQ next month. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried calling 3 times, got the standard no from the people who answered twice and third time was transfered to a supervisor's voicemail. Submitted through the online dispute process-"other: this is not a dispute, this is an early exclusion request as both other agencies are not reporting". Will see what happens. Both times they said the early exclusion will kick in July 20, 2020 (7 yr date is 10/20/2020) so if this fails it should fall off in a little over a month anyway. Will update when the "dispute" is completed. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I did online. Calling them will drive you nuts. 

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speak about what happened on mine.  I don't have much experience on this and maybe you do, but i thought if it's scheduled to fall off by a certain date, then unless a different collections agency buys the debt and puts it on the report again, that's the only way.  Mine were paid collections due to fall off November and December.  Fell off from all bureaus around the same time (only disputed TU and EX). But maybe im a unicorn 🤣.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.