cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion for CH 7 HELP - (60 days left!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion for CH 7 HELP - (60 days left!)

I have give or take 60 days before this blemish is removed but it comes at a time where I really need to get approved for a mortgage. Ive been calling TU, EX and EQ with little to no luck with any of the CRAs knowing what I’m asking for. TU said they have to dispute it and I disputed it with EQ - any other advice?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion for CH 7 HELP - (60 days left!)

@Anonymous wrote:
I have give or take 60 days before this blemish is removed but it comes at a time where I really need to get approved for a mortgage. Ive been calling TU, EX and EQ with little to no luck with any of the CRAs knowing what I’m asking for. TU said they have to dispute it and I disputed it with EQ - any other advice?

Thank you!

TU generally does EE 6 months early

EX generally does EE 3 months early 

EQ generally does EE 1 month early.

So it looks like you are too early for EQ at any event.

I've read, in other places, that the CRAs don't like removing bankruptcies early (like they do derog accounts), so it might be an issue because we're not just talking about derog accounts.   My best advice is to hang up and call again, ask for a supervisor, and be VERY VERY nice since you are asking them to do you a huge favor

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! TU gave me the same response 5 times - we can only dispute it so I finally caved. I’m hoping to have more luck with EX. I may resort to writing letters to all 3. I don’t want to be mean - I’m down to the wire and cannot have a bankruptcy on my file when I apply. I’d hate to find a temporary place for a few months while I get this sorted out.
Message 3 of 7
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

This is strange unless they treat BK7's differently from BK13 with early exclusions. TU was a piece of cake for me and gone within just a little while of speaking with a supervisor. EX took a couple of weeks since I requested a little early. EQ did not really give me one, maybe a few days early but that is all. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing... I called TU and they immediately ask for me to tell them why I'm calling - of all 5 CRAs, not a single one knew what I was asking for when I said "Early Exclusion". Should I just ask for a supervisor immediately instead? I still haven't gotten in touch with EX but I'd rather know the best way to attack it. TU told me I had to wait 10 years from the file date but I know based on the posts here that they do accept EE. It's a little frustrating.

Message 5 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I'm asking for the wrong thing... I called TU and they immediately ask for me to tell them why I'm calling - of all 5 CRAs, not a single one knew what I was asking for when I said "Early Exclusion". Should I just ask for a supervisor immediately instead? I still haven't gotten in touch with EX but I'd rather know the best way to attack it. TU told me I had to wait 10 years from the file date but I know based on the posts here that they do accept EE. It's a little frustrating.

Yes - only supervisors have the authority to grant early exclusions.   So ask for a supervisor until they give you one.
When I did my EE with TU, I did an online dispute and chose "other" and typed in "I am not disputing, I am requesting an Early Exclusion" and it was processed in a day.   When others have gotten them with EX, they've had to specifically work with a supervisor.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes - only supervisors have the authority to grant early exclusions.   So ask for a supervisor until they give you one.
When I did my EE with TU, I did an online dispute and chose "other" and typed in "I am not disputing, I am requesting an Early Exclusion" and it was processed in a day.   When others have gotten them with EX, they've had to specifically work with a supervisor.

I just tried to do a dispute online with TU and wasn't given "other" as an option under the BK7. It did, however, say it was meant to expire within the next few weeks.... I'm going to try my hand at EX and EQ.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.