Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Warning?

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Early Warning?

In my last 8 years of my rebuild, I have never heard of Early Warning and looked them up, seems they are located a few miles from me. 

I am wondering what data they have on me and if I should order a report in case data is incorrect? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MichaelMyer
Valued Member

Re: Early Warning?

Definitely order your report. You'll be shocked and pissed when you read it. Early Warning is a credit bureau started by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase and others. They maintain a TON of your bank account activities and history in their files. Some banks, like Bank of America, report all your direct deposits, ACH transactions, etc. It's insane and there's no way to freeze it like Chexystems because they received a designation as a "specialty credit bureau" to avoid that rule. I used to bank with BOA and NFCU but I switched once I found out they reported to Early Warning. If a bank or credit union offers Zelle (which they own) then you know they report to Early Warning ⚠️

Message 2 of 4
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

I called them and ordered my report after doing the research and how zelle is being tracked. I asked how long data goes back? I was told only 7 yrs by the rep, but researching them, I must say I believe that false. 

I dont know about them and they seem shady to me, if they are bypassing credit rules if one has good credit and hasnt defaulted with the time they only track data

Message 3 of 4
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

So got my report and its garbage. Its like a tally of money going out, any overdrawn accounts and closed accounts as others have said. I see no purpose another than the banks to gather our financial information and how its being spent and the debt we have. I feel this type of data gathering should be outlawed, what happens when they are hacked? 

On a another note I see that I have a Bank of America account that the status is pending closed? From being closed in 01/16/2015? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.