Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Info On Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employment Info On Credit Report

Not sure how important this is but I found some questionable information on my report from one credit reporting agency * and the Eliminate ID Theft report. 

Profile: I was employed at the college in 1980 and retired in 2012. During that period it changed names. I began working part-time 7/2014.

• For TU on EIDT it lists the current college name and a 2008 date[?]. It also lists a retire date of 2/2014 which is incorrect. 
  • For EX on EIDT it just shows my current employer but not the college. It shows two dates; 2/2014 & 2/2017.  
  • For EQ on EIDT it lists the college with my correct start date but nothing about an end date or my current employer.
  • On my ACTUAL credit report from EX it lists both employers but no dates or retirement info.

I'm assuming I shouldn't be concerned with the info on the EIDT report and only the actual reports from the three CRA?

* I do not have reports from TU or EQ.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Employment Info On Credit Report

It's irrelevant, only might come up in a bureau verification check (vis a vis where you employed by any of the following...).

No one uses it for employment verification, and can't do much to delete it without replacing it.  For example my TU use an employer from 20 years ago, my EX has my name from a business card application (sole propietor DBA my name) and EQ has nada.  No bearing on scoring, so simply knowing what's on there is enough.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment Info On Credit Report

thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.