Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Just Now Reporting??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employment Just Now Reporting??

So I got some notifications yesterday from the basic credit monitoring things I have through my Chase and old Cap One cards...on my TransUnion report all of a sudden I'm getting alerts that my employment is now reporting on my file. I've been at the company for 6 years now. Is this just something that my company is just now getting around to? Has it been sitting there at TransUnion and they are just now getting around to putting on my report? 

And the biggie....does this hurt or help a credit report in anyway?

Thanks. 
🤔

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Employment Just Now Reporting??

It doesn't affect score.

It's usually reported when you report your employer on an application for credit, or on file with one of your creditors as part of income. It's then used as identifying information on your file. I don't think employers report themselves on your CR

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got some notifications yesterday from the basic credit monitoring things I have through my Chase and old Cap One cards...on my TransUnion report all of a sudden I'm getting alerts that my employment is now reporting on my file. I've been at the company for 6 years now. Is this just something that my company is just now getting around to? Has it been sitting there at TransUnion and they are just now getting around to putting on my report? 

And the biggie....does this hurt or help a credit report in anyway?

Thanks. 
🤔

@Anonymous 

Employers do not report to the credit bureaus.  If your current employer just showed up on your TransUnioncredit report its because you recently applied for credit and stated your employer on the application; the lender to which you applied later reported this information to the credit bureau(s).

No, your employment has no impact on your credit report.

Message 3 of 7
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Don't worry too much about it, I had an old employer from 11 years ago, finally just get replaced with my more recent employer not too long ago. It wasn't until an auto loan that credit apps updated it. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Which is still pretty weird because my last account added to my profile was 9 months ago.

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Interesting that you mention TU  ..

My old business (employer) has showed back up on TU from the early 1990's

So now it shows (2) employers. I had it removed a year ago, and now it is back.

Looks confusing with two employers ..lol

On EQ my current Employer went away for about 6 months (just blank).. disappeared,

logged in a few weeks ago, now it is back?

EX has always had it right.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Interesting that you mention TU  ..

My old business (employer) has showed back up on TU from the early 1990's

So now it shows (2) employers. I had it removed a year ago, and now it is back.

Looks confusing with two employers ..lol

On EQ my current Employer went away for about 6 months (just blank).. disappeared,

logged in a few weeks ago, now it is back?

EX has always had it right.

What'cha doing? Sure am wondering??? Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.