cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Breach — The Emails Are A Coming

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Equifax Breach — The Emails Are A Coming

Everyone I told and who requested the $125 Equifax compensation, including me, got an email from Equifax stating:

Your Equifax Claim: You Must Act by October 15, 2019 or Your Claim for Alternative Compensation Will Be Denied

B3FA8841-ABEF-43B1-9A27-D9DE34CE33F9.pngEmail from Equifax

I guess since a gazillion people requested the $125, they want proof we have a monitoring service or NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Great, screw us over, then make us beg for a $125 pittance from the big corportation that screwed us over. SMH in disgust. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Breach — The Emails Are A Coming

Exactly the thought I had when I was doing my verification an hour ago. Don’t go cutting the payout. It’s not our fault and YOU offered it. Get the checkbook out. $125 is an insult as it is.

Rose Gold | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020

Message 2 of 37
Established Contributor

I just got the email an hour ago...in my junk folder via Office 365 mail server.

They sent out so many so fast it probably triggered spam filters all over the place. lol

I switched from the $125 to the 4 years of free 3B credit monitoring through Experian. No one is going to see $125 - they had millions signing up for that and the fund is capped.

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

New CRADIS contacts, bearing 1 carom 9. Just think of EQ, TU, and EX as Cylon Basestars.

Message 3 of 37
Valued Contributor

I'm not agreeing to anything they offer, and I already have monitering with 2 places.  

So when/if something ever happens, and they're responsible for said comprimised info, I'll sue them for the damage. If any. 

Message 4 of 37
Valued Contributor

Yup- we both got our emails and submitted requested proof requirement and not budging from the $125 pittance.    We figured they would pull a stunt like this but when we were notified about being compromised, we took steps.   

Personally, we should both be compensated from the time we were notified till when this settles which would be close to over 1k each. 

Message 5 of 37
Senior Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

I just got the email an hour ago...in my junk folder via Office 365 mail server.

They sent out so many so fast it probably triggered spam filters all over the place. lol

I switched from the $125 to the 4 years of free 3B credit monitoring through Experian. No one is going to see $125 - they had millions signing up for that and the fund is capped.

@CassieCard   ..You are 100% correct!   "No one is going to see $125"

..I followed you posting in "Credit News Thread" and have signed up for the same thing!

"4 years of free 3B credit monitoring through Experian"

Thank you for postingSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 37
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Equisux , sorry Equihack , darn it i mean Equibuggedmodem, ugh!! Equifax is a joke and its a shame many big lenders rely exclusively on it like Pendread. They should be forced to pay everyone $10000 for we can never get back what they sllowed to be stolen, our info and our dignity.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 7 of 37
Frequent Contributor

So I got this email last day and was wondering why they need to verify the claim. While I have no problem proving that I already have credit monitoring service, they may want people to be aware of the compensation amount. When first submitted the claim, the choice was simply "a check of $125" implying everyone can get at least this amount, then the news said the amount one can get may be significantly less than $125, so now they changed the choice to "a check of up to $125".

Really don't know how much we can actually get as of this point, as it's reported the total amount for settlement is $31,000,000 and if the payment is $125 per person then only a total of 248,000 people can be paid.

Message 8 of 37
Established Contributor

I already have two different credit monitoring services I’m using free from various data breach settlements and with the prevalence of data breaches I expect to get more. Even if the payment turns out to be $10, I’ll take it. The credit monitoring is pretty much Experian Basic, which is already free. I’m currently using the credit monitoring I received from the Capital One breach. So far I like it. It’s from TU. It even notified me when info changed on my EQ report from a dispute I filed with EQ. So I know it’s working.

I actually don’t blame EQ. It was the government’s job to do the math and realize the settlement was not enough. Or don’t advertise $125 in the first place.

I just returned from financial hell. Don't go, the brochure is a lie.
Message 9 of 37
Senior Contributor

@PlyrStar93 wrote:

So I got this email last day and was wondering why they need to verify the claim. While I have no problem proving that I already have credit monitoring service, they may want people to be aware of the compensation amount. When first submitted the claim, the choice was simply "a check of $125" implying everyone can get at least this amount, then the news said the amount one can get may be significantly less than $125, so now they changed the choice to "a check of up to $125".

Really don't know how much we can actually get as of this point, as it's reported the total amount for settlement is $31,000,000 and if the payment is $125 per person then only a total of 248,000 people can be paid.

@PlyrStar93, Your better off to buy a Lottery Ticket.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.