Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Breach — The Emails Are A Coming

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Breach — The Emails Are A Coming

You know I didnt get this email. I did submit the claim for $125 plus about $800 more and when first submitted I provided all the items showing I was paying for monitoring, etc. I checked my junk files and I didn't get it. Are the folks who are seeing this members who just submitted the claim for $125 and that was all? 

I claimed the $125, the work of calling EQ for issues that did arise and subsequent services. 

Message 11 of 37
Raisondetre
Contributor

I read on another forum site that some people were putting credit karma or other free types of credit monitoring when providing proof after this new email, their claims were then getting denied. It seems like they're forcing people to take their credit monitoring at this point, whether people like it or not.

I didn't want to take the chance on getting denied also, I opted for the credit monitoring.
Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 12 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Raisondetre wrote:
I read on another forum site that some people were putting credit karma or other free types of credit monitoring when providing proof after this new email, their claims were then getting denied. It seems like they're forcing people to take their credit monitoring at this point, whether people like it or not.

I didn't want to take the chance on getting denied also, I opted for the credit monitoring.

Oh wow. I have CK and Experian.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

You know I didnt get this email. I did submit the claim for $125 plus about $800 more and when first submitted I provided all the items showing I was paying for monitoring, etc. I checked my junk files and I didn't get it. Are the folks who are seeing this members who just submitted the claim for $125 and that was all? 

I claimed the $125, the work of calling EQ for issues that did arise and subsequent services. 

Good point. I didn't send any documentation, and nor did family and friends I told about the settlement. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly the thought I had when I was doing my verification an hour ago. Don’t go cutting the payout. It’s not our fault and YOU offered it. Get the checkbook out. $125 is an insult as it is.

I'm holding out, their breech was Sept 2017, they emailed me about a compromise and it was pretty vague; they should have offered me some protections back then,  I didn't know my identity was stolen in Dec. 2017.  They could have given me better warning.  And then someone should have notified me of the loan application too.  So they told me I have until Jan 2020 to make up my mind.  I haven't even talked to them or anyone and they're like, hurry up.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I never knew why EQ has been free for me through TrustedId until the other thread was create a couple of months ago.  Anyone else been getting free monitoring/reports?  I wish I had known all along; I've paid for the service and now have the freebie again. I've been using it for like 10 months now.  So I guess they did offer me protections or something.  I can't remember that far back what the mail stated in 2017 exactly about the possible id theft/ss compromise(?) I just remember my dh saying like Mr. T, "I pity the fool!" my credit sux'd, hahaha!

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

A day or two after the settlement site came online I checked the box for $125 only, with no further proof required. I just got the email yesterday afternoon (9/7/19).

This might help others in this thread: I fought Equifax’s lawyer in court and won. Here’s how.

He details how he won an initial judgement last year (2018) for $7,990. Of course, Equifax appealed and the amount was reduced to a final award of $5,400.

I've been wondering how in the world anyone can prove their damages were directly caused by Equifax when there have been so many data breaches already just this year (2019) alone. The Equifax data still has not been found online anywhere either, which would seem to make it even harder for someone to prove Equifax was the cause.

But that guy was able to win without having to prove it was caused by Equifax. 

Message 17 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been wondering how in the world anyone can prove their damages were directly caused by Equifax

Could be in the timing, but also particular addresses, email addresses and/or phone numbers that Equifax had that were slightly different from TU and Exp.  Sept 2017 the breech and for me someone tried to take out a loan in my name Dec 2017.  I've been cleaning up addresses on Eq. that weren't mine or partially incorrect.

Message 18 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@credit_is_crack, Personally think you should claim $125 for each TL,  

..If you won?   ..You have some blingSmiley Very Happy

and having to call EQSmiley Tongue   .. that should be like $1000 per callSmiley LOL

ask @AverageJoesCredit  about his EQ fraud/freeze nightmare!

Message 19 of 37
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007, I like your math! LOL and you’re right, anyone who’s had to call EQ knows it’s like pulling teeth from a hungry velociraptor!
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.