Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Credit Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Credit Bureau

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at Equifax.  Of course, they tried to sell me their credit monitoring for $16+ monthly.  When I politely declined several times, the rep asked why.  I told her that I already had credit monitoring through myFico.  She stated "That is a third-party company ma'am.  We no longer provide our credit scores through third-party companies."  She then said the only way for me to get my score was through Eqifax truerisk or something like that. What gives?  I've never heard of this.  Was she just trying to sell their product?  She sounded upset at the end of the call.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Credit Bureau

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at Equifax.  Of course, they tried to sell me their credit monitoring for $16+ monthly.  When I politely declined several times, the rep asked why.  I told her that I already had credit monitoring through myFico.  She stated "That is a third-party company ma'am.  We no longer provide our credit scores through third-party companies."  She then said the only way for me to get my score was through Eqifax truerisk or something like that. What gives?  I've never heard of this.  Was she just trying to sell their product?  She sounded upset at the end of the call.

Yes. She was either poorly trained or outright lying. You do get an EQ FICO score (Beacon 5.0) here at myFICO.

Several monrhs ago EQ began selling their own "Equifax Credit Score". It sounds like she was pushing you to buy that product but this is NOT an EQ FICO score.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

OK, she said the only way to get "their credit score is through Equifax". There is some truth to that but the reality is nobody that has a good knowledge of credit scores would WANT "their score" since no lender uses it.

Was she just trying to sell their product? YES

She sounded upset at the end of the call. Sure, she didn't sell you anything.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are some posts in here where the CSR would tell the poster that myFICO doesn't sell FICO scores!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe she thinks she's working at Experien.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Those CRA reps try harder than any other company I've ever talked to to sell their stuff.  So do the CMS's.  I finally discovered I just have to be firm and polite and tell them to stop wasting their time, and mine.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to call all 3 bureaus today to have them remove erroneous info and all three tried to sell me their product.  I feel like I'm dealing with telemarketers, because they have like a ton of scripted rebuttals when you decline.  Equifax stood out the most--she was really doing a hard sell of their productSmiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a problem with people trying to sell me product over the phone.  As soon as I hear them start to go into their sales pitch I just say "no thanks."  I don't want for them to finish the offer, and when they say "well" or "but" or "what if"  I immediately repeat "no thanks."  Works everytime!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.