Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax CreditWatch & FAKOs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax CreditWatch & FAKOs

Quick question about Equifax CreditWatch....

I signed up for Equifax CreditWatch and ScoreWatch.  On the CreditWatch screen under "Your Credit Scores" it shows 3 different numbers, one for each of the big three (EQ, TU, and EX).  Could someone please confirm that those numbers are the FAKO numbers?  I assume they are as when i click on the ScoreWatch tab it states "Your FICO Score ... X" and this number is different than the first 3 I mentioned.  I assume that this is my true EQ FICO and I should just ignore the 3 on the first page because lenders don't really use them?

It's odd because my true EQ FICO is higher than all 3 of the CreditWatch scores. 

thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax CreditWatch & FAKOs

You are totally correct!  The 3 are FAKO's.  EQ has recently joined the FAKO bandwagon in the attempt to drum up more $$ for their company.  The single Score is your FICO.  Just remember, when you see the myFICO / Fair Isaac Logo...you have the real deal.

And when you see all 3 scores, they're fake (since we cannot purchase a true EX FICO) unless you are looking at the printout from a lender pull for a mortgage or automobile loan.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!  I had a feeling this was the case but just needed someone to confirm it.  Appreciate the quick reply.

Message 3 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

You betcha!!!  And welcome to the forums!  You will find a wealth of information here regarding credit repair (NEVER pay anyone to do what you can do for pennies!), rebuilding and what to apply for and when.

We all want to see everyone here hit the 800 club!!!!  Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick follow up:

what is ScorePower?  The EQ website says the EQ FICO is based on ScorePower.  thnx

I initially thought it was just another name for their credit report; however, i apparently have only 1 more free "scorepower" pull and unlimited equifax credit report pulls.  Perhaps Scorepower is the pull from not just EQ but EX and TU?  If so, how does it make sense that EQ's FICO is based on this ScorePower as they say?  confused!

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The Scorepower is the combined FICO score and shortened EQ myFICO-style report, that has the different screens that tell you your positives and negatives, and how you look to creditors, and the simulator, and the "speedometer" on the first screen and balance scales on the second, etc.

After you pull that, you will have the unlimited full Equifax reports, that list the soft inquiries and all that, but with no info on your FICO score or advise.

I have Credit Watch Gold, which allows daily pulls of the full report, which I do maybe once a month unless I'm looking for something, plus (I think) a once-yearly 3-report pull, which I hardly ever bother with. I love it. I think it's a great service. It also sends alerts about things happening on the other two reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

"Score Power" is the EQ Credit report associated with the purchase of a single EQ FICO score.   But also, here on myFICO and on the EQ site, you can enroll in "ScoreWatch", where the system monitors your report for changes & alerts you to certain changes to your reports.  When you buy that product, it comes with something like 4 or 5 (can't recall) Score Power reports in the "bank" so to speak.  You can use those any time you like & if you run out, you can purchase another report & score for a discounted price during the duration of your enrollment in ScoreWatch.

.Hope that made sense!  Smiley Happy

eta:  Hauling beat me to the punch!!!  hehe

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys!  really appreciate it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.