cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Deleted Authorized User Account

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Equifax Deleted Authorized User Account

I was added to a credit card as an authorized user in February. My scores jumped by 40 points. This account is still reporting to Experian and Transunion. I received an alert last week stating that Equifax had randomly deleted this account. My Equifax score is 50 points lower than my other two scores. How can I force Equifax to place this account back on my credit report, and why would they delete it?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Leader
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax Deleted Authorized User Account

It is more likely that the CRA did not make the separate removal determination.

It is more likely that, for some reason, the creditor decided to report removal.

I would begin by contacting the creditor who was reporting to the CRA and ask if they decided to terminate the AU reporting for some reason.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks! I will contact the creditor tomorrow morning. They are still reporting to transunion and experian, which makes no sense if they are not going to report to equifax.
Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

You can just send a letter to the dispute department and give them the account number and creditor and ask them to add the au account.   I had this happen before and they responded by adding it.   If you call the lender they likely won't be able to tell you why the account was deleted from one CRA.   It was likely some technical glitch and not intentional.

FICO 08: EX-698, EQ-738, TU-721 - [8/2/2019]
FICO 09: EX-748, EQ-785, TU-770 (8/2/2019)
Mortgage: EX-737, EQ-769, TU-761 - [8/2/2019]
NFCU NavChk 15K | NFCU Visa 50K | CapOne Venture Visa 50K | CapOne Savor 30K | Barclay Aviator MC 12.5K | Discover It 32K | Alliant 3% Cash Back Visa 25K | BECU CLOC 10K | BofA AK Air Visa 5K |Amazon Prime 10K.
239.5K Total Revolving. Alliant Car Loan 15K/31K
BK 7 Filed 8/23/2013 - Discharged 11/27/2013.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.