Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Erroneously Reporting Missed Payment

tag
Carlosjb3
Contributor

Equifax Erroneously Reporting Missed Payment

Hello,

On myFICO app under the Insights tab for Equifax under payment history it states that the time since most recent late payment was 3 months ago. The last time I had a missed payment for anything has been almost 5 years now. TransUnion is reporting correctly. Experian just reports as "Unknown".

I contacted Equifax directly and they confirmed I don't have any missed payments within the last 5 years. Is this a reporting issue within myFICO? How much of an effect is this having on my score?

Thank you in advance.

Fico 8 Scores [Nov 2018]: Equifax 677 | TransUnion 667 | Experian 668
7 REPLIES 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Erroneously Reporting Missed Payment

I would read the actual report. Does it show the "missed payment" in Equifax?

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Carlosjb3 wrote:

Hello,

On myFICO app under the Insights tab for Equifax under payment history it states that the time since most recent late payment was 3 months ago. The last time I had a missed payment for anything has been almost 5 years now. TransUnion is reporting correctly. Experian just reports as "Unknown".

I contacted Equifax directly and they confirmed I don't have any missed payments within the last 5 years. Is this a reporting issue within myFICO? How much of an effect is this having on my score?

Thank you in advance.

Some of the reporting services get things screwed up sometimes. Agree with @donkort you need to look at your actual Equifax report.

You can get it from AnnualCreditReport or you can join myequifax.com and get it. Myequifax.com gives you a very nice comprehensive report updated every 30 days and YES it is totally free.

Message 3 of 8
Carlosjb3
Contributor

I went to myequifax and got a copy of my report. Very user friendly indeed. It shows 0 lates on all accounts.

Message 4 of 8
Carlosjb3
Contributor

No missed payments at all. The actual Equifax report that I got from myequifax shows 0.

Message 5 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Carlosjb3 wrote:

No missed payments at all. The actual Equifax report that I got from myequifax shows 0.

That's what counts.

When creditors or potential creditors pull your credit report they pull it from the actual Credit Reporting Agency (experian,transunion,equifax) not from the many services we use to track out scores.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found the same issue with EQ on my report.  They are reporting 3, +30 day late payments in 2019, for a vehicle that qas paid off in 2016.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You ever find out what the "unknown" reason was for Experian? I have an "unknown" on mine as well for "time since last missed payment" TU AND EQ show 4 years. But EXP "unknown"

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.