Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Not Reporting Card Balances

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Equifax Not Reporting Card Balances

Has anyone else noticed that Equifax is falling behind on reporting credit card balances?

Equifax is more than a week behind reporting balances on five of my cards via myFICO. The other credit bureaus reported on time, but not Equifax. Makes me wonder what's going on there.

So I called Equifax customer service, which seems to be a contradiction in terms. The guy I spoke with said their system was down and urged me to call back later. To make matters worse, my Equifax score is currently about 20 points lower than my scores from the other two bureaus. It sure looks like they're behind in both reporting balances and updating scores.

Anyone know what's up with Equifax?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Not Reporting Card Balances

Hmm I haven't personally noticed any big delays on EQ. It took them just a day longer to report my $0 balance on my Amazon Store Card than TU and EX. 

Message 2 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax Not Reporting Card Balances

I was having this problem with TU. I believe I was told when calling that Bureaus have 60 days as a window for reporting. I actually had to file a dispute to get my hard work reported. This happens from time to time with reporting. It is like one half on one server and the other half on another server (one broke-one working). It just depends on where you fall. They will ultimately get it fixed. 

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Equifax not updating Chase account

Anyone else having delays on Equifax reports, all my accounts are up today except Chase, it hasn't changed in 37 days, and I had an 80% utilization that has been paid off; I'm paranoid. What's  Equifax physical address, I want to go there in person.

Is this normal?

Message 4 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax not updating Chase account

Their headquarters are in downtown Atlanta.  Ad-hoc attempts to visit them in person won't yield a positive outcome.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 10
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

I was joking about going there. Should I open a dispute if it's only a month late? I wouldn't have mind if I had less than 30% balance, but 80% is pushing my score down by a lot.

Message 6 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

DW is having the same issue.  Experian and TU have updated, but Equifax is still showing April information...

Maybe a Chase/EQ glitch?

We're not waiting for anything tho, so we'll just wait for next month.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Equifax will cause a shift downward on your score until they verify the update which will definitely be 30 days. I do not bother Eqifax anymore. I let them do what they do literally. The Bureaus have a window of 90 days to report regardless of when your creditors report.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

EQ finally reported; I was nervous the balance would've spooked other lenders even though I only carried it for 2 months. All good now. 

Message 9 of 10
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

EQ finally reported; I was nervous the balance would've spooked other lenders even though I only carried it for 2 months. All good now. 

Glad they finally reported!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.