Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Number

Does anyone have a number to Equifax that would give me an actual person? The credit agency REFUSES to acknowledge that my credit report exists... It's ridiculous that I've been fighting this battle for months whenever I try to pull a report or get credit.

I've submitted disputes online but apparantly they still can't verify my SSN. (Although it is less than a year old, I have had three TL over the past 6+ months...)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Number

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link...

I feel like crying after reading everything he went through. Reminds me of this http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

*sigh*

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the link...

I feel like crying after reading everything he went through. Reminds me of this http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

*sigh*

"He" was actually me, haha, so I know how you feel.  Once I actually got directed to the correct people, however, it literally took 5 minutes and a fax, and everything was completed.  If your credit file is with CSC Credit Services, you'll be able to get everything resolved pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, if you have to go directly through Equifax it may take a bit longer.

I would first start out by verifying who actually maintains your file and then go from there.  If it's simply your SSN not appearing on your credit report, you should be able to fax in your SSN card and DL to have them update it, and then you'll be good to go from there.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I did not notice that sorry. 

Unfortunately my CR is with Equifax. I've sent them my SSN and DL(ID) TWICE now. TWICE!! For the past three weeks. I call in today and despite the dispute being completed they have told me that my name and SSN has still not been corrected.

So now I'm talking directly with the CSR about this and she just put me on hold to update my file. *sigh* I really hope this work because they have robbed way too much time from me.

Thank you for your help Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha I did not notice that sorry. 

Unfortunately my CR is with Equifax. I've sent them my SSN and DL(ID) TWICE now. TWICE!! For the past three weeks. I call in today and despite the dispute being completed they have told me that my name and SSN has still not been corrected.

So now I'm talking directly with the CSR about this and she just put me on hold to update my file. *sigh* I really hope this work because they have robbed way too much time from me.

Thank you for your help Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I definitely know what you're going through, it sucks.  Your best option honestly is to just keep calling back until you get someone who actually does something.  I faxed my info 2-3 times (to different numbers/departments because apparently "I faxed it to the wrong number").  I even called 5-6 times in a day and 3 reps confirmed they received the fax while the other 2-3 said they had no record of anything.  This was the same department for all 6 calls as well, so their CS clearly sucks, quite badly, if they can't even confirm or deny they received a fax the previous 3 reps said they already received.

Best advice: Keep calling back until they do something for you, because while most reps are clueless, you'll eventually receive one that actually knows what they're doing.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES My social has been added! Also my name is fixed.

I don't know if this is for sure and I have no idea how to check online but they are mailing me a free credit report for me to verify. Only problem is that my social security number is less than one year old so I can't pull up any reports/scores from myFICO. *sigh* But I am so glad to get this fixed. Thank you again Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Do the three creditors report to Equifax ?  Seocndly I presume the social security you have had for less than one year is the same social security number used for the tree new trade lines?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. They all report to Equifax and the same SSN used in the TL is the one given to Equifax.

Still can't pull up myFICO scores thoughSmiley Sad

Message 9 of 15
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

I've been going through the same kind of situation.

I was always told that we need to have atleast 6 months of credit history in order to get a FICO score. So after working so hard for 6 months of getting 3 credit cards, using them and paying all bills on time, I learnt today that if your social security number is less than one year old, they can't generate a FICO score for you Smiley Sad

I got my SSN in November 2011.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.