cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Online Dispute Results - How Long?

tag
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Online Dispute Results - How Long?

I filed an online dispute with Equifax in early October. Whenever I would go to their online dispute page to file another dispute, it would list my currently active dispute. It wouldn't give any details, it would just mention that there's a pending dispute.

This morning when I went to the online dispute page, there was no mention of any pending dispute. It just took me to the page to submit another dispute. However, they never sent me an email with the results. Anybody know how long it takes for them to let me know the results?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Online Dispute Results - How Long?

Might you accidentally not indicated your e-mail addy and request for the results not to be snail mailed?   It should come within the 30 days of the submission. f you have your confirmation number you can call them. 

Did you see any changes when it brought you to the page to re-dispute?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

And eventually they will presumably mail you the result
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always just called, get results in no longer than 48 hours. I am always surprised.

Message Edited by RGordon on 11-04-2007 04:50 PM
Message 4 of 12
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I submitted a dispute on a Discover TL on 11/02 to all of the CRAs. I received results for EX on 11/03 - TL deleted, TU on 11/04 - TL deleted and I pulled my EX report and the TL has been deleted. I think they communicate electronically with the CCCs. Discover purged my account and was not able to verify the info. I'm not sure if the response will be as quick on disputes that require further investigation.  Good luck!

Message Edited by BBYGRL on 11-04-2007 05:04 PM
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@BBYGRL wrote:
I submitted a dispute on a Discover TL on 11/02 to all of the CRAs. I received results for EX on 11/03 - TL deleted, TU on 11/04 - TL deleted and I pulled my EX report and the TL has been deleted. I think they communicate electronically with the CCCs. Discover purged my account and was not able to verify the info. I'm not sure if the response will be as quick on disputes that require further investigation. Good luck!

Hey, congratulations! I think I remember reading somewhere else that you were really working on that one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@BBYGRL wrote:
I submitted a dispute on a Discover TL on 11/02 to all of the CRAs. I received results for EX on 11/03 - TL deleted, TU on 11/04 - TL deleted and I pulled my EX report and the TL has been deleted. I think they communicate electronically with the CCCs. Discover purged my account and was not able to verify the info. I'm not sure if the response will be as quick on disputes that require further investigation. Good luck!

Hey, congratulations! I think I remember reading somewhere else that you were really working on that one.

Thank you! I was on a mission.  It was the last negative TL on my report. Discover pissed me off when they claimed that they do not accept GWLs and they do not delete accurate TLs - EVER.  We all know that's a bunch of crap. I took a chance and disputed the lates and it paid off! My scores soared with the deletions:

TU     EQ      EX
10/07   735   718     730
11/07   789   780     768

I'm in shock. Unbelievable! Just a little over a year ago my scores were below 640. If I did it, anyone can!
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

try this link:

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/jsp/results.jsp

it will show your current and past online disputes (if you used the same email address)
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me the other day. I provided the email address, but never received the results yet. I just tried the address Timothy posted and my results were there. I don't know why they are not sending emails.  Thanks Timothy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome-

Notification of my last results did not get emailed to me either.

@Anonymous wrote:
The same thing happened to me the other day. I provided the email address, but never received the results yet. I just tried the address Timothy posted and my results were there. I don't know why they are not sending emails. Thanks Timothy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.