Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Question.. employment???

tag
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Question.. employment???

Is there a good way to add employment information to your Equifax credit report? (For example, with Transunion you can add it in via the dispute website). With the dispute section of the Equifax site there is no option to add in employment information.

6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Question.. employment???

I had to mail it in with EQ

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure it matters too much. The last 4 credit cards I've gotten... none of them asked where I worked on the apps. They asked how much I made a year.... but nobody called anyone to even verify that. In fact, the last time I had to verify employment with proof was when I bought my house in 2009. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What real advantages are there (or disadvantages too) of including your employment info on your credit report(s)?

Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

No impact on credit scoring/assessment.  It's more of a verfication thing.  I was about to ask why the OP was worried about it.  Many have very outdated and missing employment info and excellent credit.

Message 5 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I've noticed that local rental companies want you to have your employment listed on your credit report (in addition to having a long employment history). I'm not moving yet, but it is something I've been thinking about. While I'm cleaning up my file I want to add in this information in, but trying to do that with Equifax is no easy task.

Message 6 of 7
xaustie
New Contributor

February of this year I successfully updated my employee information as well as my DOB (they had the wrong year!!). I did this by filing a dispute for EQ online at this URL:

https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/home.action

I do not remember exactly what "category" or whatever I used for the dispute but I don't recall that it was anything obtuse. The change in DOB required me to upload a scan of my drivers license. Took them three days to update my info. Easy-peasey.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.