Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax data breach settlement?

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Equifax data breach settlement?

Any update on this yet? I opted for the free credit monitoring, wondering when that's supposed to happen.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax data breach settlement?

There are still lawsuits trying to stop the class action going on. Until those all get resolved, which could be months from now, the claims won't be paid. 

Message 2 of 6
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Wow, some reason I thought they said we should know something January 2020. Thanks

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Equifax equisuxSmiley Sad

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There are still lawsuits trying to stop the class action going on. Until those all get resolved, which could be months from now, the claims won't be paid. 

Best hope is free credit bureau monitoring .. I opted in for Experian, but not holding My breath on that.

Message 5 of 6
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Best hope is free credit bureau monitoring .. I opted in for Experian, but not holding My breath on that.

Same here, I feel there is a lot more value in that than the small dollar amount offered.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.