Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute-past 45 days

tag
liz01
Established Member

Equifax dispute-past 45 days

I disputed an account for an old auto loan back in February through Equifax. The account is not reporting on any other agencies. I disputed it because the dofd and the date of last payment are both incorrect. It still shows the dispute is pending. In March I disputed it again and it just came back as verified, they just updated the dates, but they still aren't accurate. Is there anything I can do about the fact that they didn't respond to my first dispute within the alloted time frame? Or am I out of luck until it falls off in December?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute-past 45 days

I have an equifax dispute that is at day 43 and has not completed investigating  they like to take their time

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute-past 45 days

There is no set date for reaching the consumer.

The FCRA requires that the CRA complete its reinvestigation within (normally) 30 days of filing, and then provides an additional 5 business days for mailing of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which could add up to an additional 8 days.  Then delivery time to reach the consumer.

If not mailed within the required time, you can file a complaint with the CFPB.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.