Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute remark removal mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax dispute remark removal mess

I had some dispute remarks from very old disputes so my lender told me to call the bureaus and ask them to remove them.

Experian took them off while I was on the phone, TU took 3-4 days but they came off. Equifax said I failed identity verification and refused to talk to me, so I had to fax copies of my ID and SS card plus a letter.

It took five days for them to even process the letter and now it says “Customer disputes - reinvestigation in progress.” Are they for real?? The letter specifically said I don’t dispute them and not to open a dispute.

What should I do now?? Call again? Send another letter? I’m so frustrated.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax dispute remark removal mess

I wish I had a solid answer for you.  I can say this- EQ always messes up anything you try to do with them!  I hope you are able to get it sorted.  I personally have opened a complaint against them with the CFPB and a complaint with my State Attorney General to get any resolution. 

GL!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had the same thing happen. They took forever so I gave up and the disputes are still there. Fast forward six months and we are getting a mortgage with another company and the disputes don't matter.
Maybe try another company?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dispute remark issue is FHA not lender, I believe.

Called Equifax and had to speak to three people to get a person who appeared to understand the issue. He said a request was created Saturday to remove the remarks and they’ll be off by EOD tomorrow. He said no new dispute was filed. Sounds great, huh?

Too bad an hour later, one of those creditors called to ask why I was disputing it. I’m almost in tears. I don’t know what to do with Equifax and my mortgage can’t go through with these **bleep** comments on my report.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do dispute remarks if old have an issue on FHA only or conventional too? I’m about to apply I disputed stuff 10 months ago
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s the latest. I got an email from Equifax today informing me they’d received my dispute request. I swear. 😬

I called tonight and asked for a supervisor. My advice with Equifax is to always do this. The front line ppl are useless. If you get a useless supervisor, ask for a new one. They get annoyed but don’t waste your time.

Anyway, I got a supervisor who understood my near-rage at the entire situation and said he’s escalating the entire mess and they’ll be off in 24 hours. Who knows if that’s the case but he’s the first one to offer escalation and I’ve called every day for nearly two weeks now. Progress?
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on hold with Equifax for my daily call to check in on this. My hopes are low. I'm starting to wonder what my options are if they won't remove them??

Message 7 of 15
LBVSch
Established Member

I wish I had advice to offer but I will say in many years of dealing with credit bureaus that I have always had problems with Equifax. I’m so happy for anyone that ever had a smooth fix with them- but every time I’ve had an issue and it’s on my Equifax report I cringe and know it’ll take SO much work to fix it. I’m crossing my fingers and toes for you.
FICO 8
EQ: 843
TU: 833
EX: 836

FICO Mortgage 5,4 & 2
EQ: 805
TU: 807
EX: 826

FICO Auto 5,4 & 2
EQ: 815
TU: 849
EX: 841

FICO Auto 8
EQ: 863
TU: 863
EX: 857

FICO Bankcard 8
EQ: 863
TU: 862
EX: 856

FICO 10
EQ: 833
TU: 832
EX: 807

Negatives:
Hard Inquiries:
EQ: 3 (1/21, 2/21, 4/21)
TU: 3 (1/21, 2/21, 4/21)
EX: 3 (1/21, 2/21, 4/21)

AAoA:9 yrs 7 mo
AoOA: 19 yrs 6 mo
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I spent an hour on the line today only to learn:
- the specialty group ended the new disputes
- but entirely ignored my actual request, which was to remove dispute remarks

This guy claims he personally removed the remarks while we were on the phone and it’ll be reflected in 48-72 hours. If that’s true, I’ll cry tears of joy but nothing they say is ever true so 🤷🏻‍♀️
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They came off!!! I literally contacted Equifax on 4/26, faxed the docs they requested the same day, and have called 1-2 times a day EVERY day since... but they’re gone!!

My LO is pulling to verify but they’re all gone from all bureaus that I can see! 🎉
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.